free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Incredible Shrinking Woman Needs a Remake
View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2017   #81
scidram
Frequent Poster

Re: Incredible Shrinking Woman Needs a Remake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Sai View Post
I remember her trying to cook bacon when she was smaller than the pan, and finding that scene unintentionally horrifying. I really hated the whole film, with Lily Tomlin making every other character act so horrible to to support her "message".
I agree with this.

There's a scene when she's about half-size, where she's on the counter getting the plates out of the cabinet, and then she climbs down and balances the salad bowl on her head. Though I love the interaction with the objects, her husband and kids sit at the table watching TV.

I understand her trying to maintain some level of normalcy of her life, but there comes a point when the people who should care about her would insist she not. I didn't mind the cigarette bit so much, but if she had lost her grip on one of those strips of bacon, she could've landed face first on the griddle. And what about spattering bacon fat taking her out?

Not what I want to see that happen to a SW.