free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - New Transformation Page
View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2020   #44
Abazaba
Frequent Poster

Re: New Transformation Page

Unless I am missing something, Dawn Lab does comics not video. Of course they are going to be able to put out more content in a faster manner. Dark is doing full animated videos with voice acting and audio which takes a LONG time especially as a single person and not a studio. Even Studios can take a month to produce a 30 minute animation. One video a quarter if a pretty solid goal. Honestly supporting a creator just for what they produce in a month is short sighted. You should be supporting creators long term(with words or money) and watch them over time. I am sure as Dark learns the craft, videos might come out faster. However it is a new Patreon a back log is not going to mature over night. Give it time and fund because you want to, not to expect content.

Also the few things Dark have produced are pretty epic, so giving just to get that is worth it.

There are a few people who have Patron accounts that produce almost nothing, and I still give just because they give updates and I know great content will come eventually. Most of the things we are into are VERY niche subjects with very few people producing anything. So just giving to keep Dark going motivation wise is something to strive for as well.

Then again maybe I am just old and seen too many content producers fall off and can be patent enough to wait out for the gold.
Abazaba is offline   Reply With Quote