free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - A Small Part,
Thread: A Small Part,
View Single Post
Unread 04-16-2016   #11
LK
Process Disciple

Re: A Small Part,

It rubs me the wrong way that everyone is in a rush to market without any visible talent, technical experience, or research. There are many writers that push the buttons on their keyboard with their penis instead of their brain. I can't help feeling some sense of responsibility or at least enabling with my early efforts. This distaste is exacerbated when money gets involved.

You are going to have a tough time convincing me you are a serious writer when you skip the drafting and revision stage and go right to publication just so you can get eyes on your work and receive feedback. Until you post FINISHED work, Chapter 1 to The End, I don't see why you should get constructive feedback. Your biggest issues of spelling, grammar, and limited experience are front and center to your audience and yourself.

Fix the big problems first. You knew that already. Your audience are impulse shoppers. Marketing is your friend, not the quality of your work. Otherwise Clips4Sale would be out of business and many women with access to cheap technology would have to start relying on more than their audience's loose wallets for their milk money.

Show me and everyone else that you give a shit about being a good writer instead of turning your penis passion into a cash grab. Your introduction to us is someone doing it for the money, and that is going to set the tone for all future interactions.

Last edited by LK; 04-17-2016 at 12:00 AM.
LK is offline   Reply With Quote