Thread: Breast Friends
View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2019   #18
somnium
Fetish Writer

Re: Breast Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Isaac Gordon View Post
Smashwords is an interesting place but most of the content is: Muscle Growth and BE flavored other fetish material. Kris Kreme has a ton of books there. I would lean more towards Amazon KPS (if I posted/published ANYTHING) for publishing just because of the name and payment policies. I've heard Amazon is NEVER late on your royalties.

As for the BE genre, I'm less than optimistic. Its a tough sell. Most women see it at best as comical but often as horribly insulting.

I tried to touch on it here:
https://www.deviantart.com/blakegord...TWBE-684391717

But the sad and frustrating aspect of BE is it does have a strong 'objectification' aspect that is really hard to unpack in a meaningful way. And one thing I have learned is women can be brutally judgemental when it comes to fiction and the portrayal of the female character. (Sadly I have no specific Twitter links, but I get the frustration if in a story ALL female characters are identified with a name and then how her rack looks, then yeah, the author needs to buckle down for the worst. Yet, how can a guy learn to write if is his 'mistakes' get made into a joke and becomes a 100+ thread of pure ridicule?)

But some BE content produces something like this:
(Note these are cropped screenshots from:
https://www.patreon.com/akemiexpansions/posts I'd recommend going over there and checking it out.)

Hasna's expressions are perfect and whimsical. This is her first interview and she is learning about what is BE and the props she is wearing. My favorite part is how she reacts to the information that the props can go bigger. She looks like she is having a ton of fun. This is one of my favorite BE scenes. I would want to write stories entirely built around something such as this.

The point (I guess) I'm trying to make... is writing BE strictly for the BE really worth the trouble and risk? I tend to agree with Clovis, its fun to write these stories but it's probably best to keep them 'free to all'. I would LOVE to make a minuscule profit on writing BE, but there is no way I'm doing a Patreon unless I get WAY better with my art.

It's a tough choice. I don't even see BE as a thing anymore except for the few dedicated producers. If I were to produce a novel I'd consciously tone down the BE as much as I could and pump up the other aspects such as Adventure, Romance, and Plot. And even then would it be Breast anything anymore?

I've rambled too much. I'm still uncertain if what I have said makes any sense other then being the bemoaning cries of a retired BE author.
I don't worry about people finding fault with the concept of BE. There's nothing realistic about it, and if women growing large breasts offends some people, they'd be better off searching for enjoyment somewhere else. As I see it, from my audience on DA and from people I've met, there are plenty of men and women who love breast expansion, and I'm more concerned with entertaining them than appeasing potential detractors.

That said, it's certainly not an easy prospect. It depends upon finding an audience. I'm more concerned with the notion that people are too used to getting their content for free to buy it. The people who write free works are godsends, but that doesn't mean that someone with quality work can't sell it and hope for success.

I feel as if the "keep it free" ideal is more of a cover for creators who don't have confidence in their work. I don't mean they lack confidence in their BE story's quality, more like they lack confidence in the notion that what they're producing is valuable. "Why would anyone want to buy this? No one will pay money for smut." Of course these stories are valuable! People love this stuff and it's not just a cheap thrill. It's an important part of who they are. If you can produce quality art, then of course there will be a demand.

Now I'm rambling. XD I think that means we're on to something, Blake.