The Process Forum - View Single Post - Expansion Fan Comics - official updates
View Single Post
Unread 09-07-2017   #211
Blake Isaac Gordon
Frequent Poster

Re: Expansion Fan Comics - official updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeyard Vince View Post

P.S. As the co-writer of Annie and the Blow-Up Dolls, I feel obliged to ask: is there any particular reason why that was the last time you signed up for a membership with us?
images.jpg

The Price Point... You might be thinking that's the same amount as the BE Story Club charges per month. Or you can say there's the option of paying in six month increments that works out to a much smaller bill of 100$ per year.

I can't justify spending that amount on an off-chance hope that of the 12 to 30 plus comics generated per year, I find something that I really enjoy.

The BE Story Club got real smart allowing for individual purchases. Yet there's no one (that I know of) doing independent detailed reviews. These "Official Update" threads with the cover image and a paragraph synopsis rarely gets my interest.

Now, when I saw Annie and the Blow-up Dolls I was interested because I'm a huge sucker for Josse and the Pussy Cats. Yet from what I read, the story was basic... I don't recall much about it other than the classic 'protagonist-standing-at 3/4-profile-after-getting-bean-bag-supersized-with-a-look-of-shock' pose.

(In BE Comics or Fiction) I cannot recall when the last time I saw a multiple panel growth sequence, or a well thought make-out scene, or the protagonist trying to fit into her now smaller clothes, or some intense dialogue where the protagonist is talking about her growth and wanting more.

But I am out of the loop. Right now for five bucks Patreon covers my BE
https://www.patreon.com/2hebubble/posts

That is where I am at now. Then there the sad fact that not a lot people are into BE any more. The activity on these types of forums is barely anything. I'm not pining about the 'old days' I've just figured individuals have moved on.

https://blakegordon.deviantart.com/a...TWBE-684396622
Blake Isaac Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote