free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Legacy of a Classic? - The Fandom of Dr. J and Ms. H
View Single Post
Unread 05-30-2013   #3
Snowglare
Process Master

If Dr. Jacks had a child shortly after the events of the movie, that child would now be 18. Good timing, sequel that exists only in our collective imaginations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Lin View Post
The ONLY Hyde I've ever seen where Jekyll and Hyde were separate minds but worked together as good guys was League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
The movie version? I guess they did, but only because the characters in that were all two-dimensional at best. I don't remember anything about that Hyde other than his transformation. In the vastly superior comic, Jekyll and Hyde are a more traditional take. I think that version had the whole "Jekyll shrinks away as Hyde grows ever larger and more in control" bent that crops up from time to time. Hyde was a brute through and through, though he managed some heroic feats in his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Lin View Post
Anyway, that's my personal idea of the ideas behind Jekyll and Hyde. I guess what I'd love to see is to have his young son take the formula and turn into a really hot woman that has to deal with all the emotions that come with it (and relationship troubles). But in the end, the two personalities come to terms with each other, him becoming less of a jerk, or afraid of relationship, etc, the Hyde becoming a bit more like him and having real fears and understanding of the feelings of others (not such an outgoing to the point of hurting other's type). I dunno, I like having happy endings sometimes I guess!
Sounds like the plot to The Nutty Professor. I like happy endings, too, but not all the time. Werewolves and Hydes and such shouldn't be regular people who adjust to a new status quo and fit back into society. It can work in the occasional story (Teen Wolf), especially if played for laughs, but there's no reason you should see a monster and believe you can befriend him.
Snowglare is offline   Reply With Quote