View Single Post
Unread 09-09-2013   #3
chriskim019
Observer / Preserver

Re: Girl AP in the New Cutey Honey series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotling View Post
Honey...
Created by Go Nagai, THE greatest manga/anime writer of all times (just check his resume if you don't believe me.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0619076/filmoyear

In Honey, he invented Flash-suits. A concept that would become central to all super powered rangers to come later and also penetrated the western comics.

In Getter Robo, he created the first multi-pilot war machine and improved on the "transformer" robot that was back then only but a spark

In UFO Robo Grendizer he... well he sort of introduced the first closeted gay male lead hero in japanime. He only needs to admit it once and for all... Duke fleed was gay, Maybe today grown men having flashbacks with flower petals on a pink backdrop is not a tell tale sign of their sexual orientation, but in 1975 Japan, that's as gay as you could be on TV. Also, he'd get all worked up and cry over any thing that would happen to his "friend" Kabuto Kouji... but when a female love interest is hinted at (Maria) He'd be cold and passive about it and if anything was to happen to her, he'd give his best to save her but never a tear or a moment of rage was shed on her account. Even Alien female love interests were refered to as "childhood friends promised to marry him until they die pretty much 18 minutes later. Without so much as a pink flowery flashback.

I rest my case.

If you couldn't tell before, Go Nagai's body of work has influenced many of my own stories and references to Cutey Honey can be found in "Poser Brother" and "Starship Bloopers" and also in some "Funky Spice" issues.
Too bad this project of his, the New Cutey Honey series, was never finished despite his great work.
chriskim019 is offline   Reply With Quote