free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Kickstarter-funded TF/TG movies
View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2017   #4
iamseercoltz
TG Artist

Re: Kickstarter-funded TF/TG movies

This kind of thing has to start with an idea. Once a good idea for a film is created, do you know a director and a crew that will work for free?

Yes, free. The money from Kickstarter will fund a lot of the film, but it won't pay a bunch of salaries. Generally, you're working on the movie for free and paying the actors and for equipment with Crowdfunding.

I'm not saying this is impossible, but you'd need an idea that tens of thousands of people would want to fund, and you need a crew to pull it off.

You would also need a sample of concept, which can't just be drawings if you want a successful film Kickstarter.

What I'd suggest is for someone to shoot an amazing short TG film. 5 minutes max. Then, if it's great, make that into a full film proof of concept Kickstarter.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying film-making; GOOD film-making, is a LOT of work. The only person I know with the drive to do so thus far is Ms Mako. There have been others from the community, but they are clearly not theater-ready. Professionally lit, acted, edited, directed, etc.. It's a lot of stuff, and more work than you can imagine. S'all.
iamseercoltz is offline   Reply With Quote