free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Kickstarter-funded TF/TG movies
View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2017   #8
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Re: Kickstarter-funded TF/TG movies

Well...the question is whether kickstarter/gofundme is the best way to go....patreon might work as an alternative. I know folks on youtube who make several thousand a month easily - either per video or per month.

If you were to produce it in short chapters - guaranteed a segment per month - it might work better (granted you'd need to develop an audience) but you could do that with more teaser chapters and character development. Would also allow more time for effects development on a budget.

Soooo, really....spreading something out in terms of the timeline would potentially even let you do a more "realistic" transformation using a trans-actor/tress - even though the transformation would be compressed in the story timeline.

Just thinking about commentaries I've watched/read about low budget movie-making. I think Peter Jackson spent several years just filming Bad Taste a little bit every weekend. That's just one example.

Also...with patreon, you have a lot more artistic freedom and you're not locking donors in and promising them something concrete that *might* wind up being not fully deliverable in the long term.

Donate to support an artist!
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote