free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Female Werewolf needles in a haystack
View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2019   #1260
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

To cheer up some folks here, and help alleviate the current female-werewolf drought we’re all experiencing, I recently discovered there’s a good chance the original NSFW “Betsy” teaser trailer is included in the horror anthology sequel “60 Seconds 2 Die (60 Seconds to Die 2),” which is currently available on Amazon Prime. I haven’t seen either movie, but apparently, this anthology series features horror shorts with 1-minute countdowns to the death scene. According to IMDb, the original actress who was supposed to play Betsy in the movie plays Betsy in THIS movie during the segment “Room 125,” which was the room number in the teaser trailer I saw. Also, the director of “Betsy” directed this short. It would make sense that this would be the teaser I saw since it was also only a minute long. (Again, this anthology features 1-minute death scenes; hence the title “60 Seconds to Die.”)

For those who don’t know, the original version of “Betsy” was going to be an extremely erotic take on the female werewolf. Betsy was originally a prostitute who offed her clients as a werewolf, and the movie was going to feature multiple, full-body transformations with graphic nudity, but then the original actress left for reasons I’m not going to disclose here, and her replacement, Kelci C. Magel, was less willing to show full nudity, so the script had to be rewritten. (Even after I threw money at this project, the most she was willing to do was remove her shirt.) Also, because Kelci lived in California and the film shot in Ohio, they spent a lot of money flying her back and forth (the original actress was local), so this left the production less money for the transformation special effects and also less time to film the TF scene, which is why the final result looks so rushed and incomplete (not to mention disappointing).

Because I was a producer on “Betsy,” I was able to see the original NSFW teaser trailer. For those who haven’t read my description before, I’m copying it below:

“It begins with a shot of Betsy on the floor of a motel room. She’s lying on her side, breathing heavily, and completely nude. Interestingly, the camera’s POV is partially obscured by an open door, almost as if we’re witnessing something we’re not supposed to see. Then we see the full moon rise, and it cuts back to Betsy on the floor. She rolls over on her back, grimacing, and begins feeling herself up and down. It appears she already knows she’s a werewolf (she isn’t shocked at what’s happening) and is preparing her body for the change. Another shot of the moon getting higher in the sky, and we’re back in the motel with Betsy on her side again, panting heavily. She moans and raises her rear in the air, and then we hear the sounds of her transformation. Cut to her front as she whips her hair around and reveals growing fangs. Then she grabs the countertop in front of her with one hand, and her nails begin to grow into claws. Cut to a shot outside of a guy entering the motel. (I’m assuming he’s one of her Johns.) He finds Betsy’s motel room and enters it, and we see Betsy’s head in the foreground but covered in shadow. She then opens her eyes, and they are shining yellow. Then she growls and quickly turns around to attack him, and we get the title card. That’s it. The whole scene is about 1 minute long. Even though Betsy only has fangs, claws, and yellow eyes in this scene, the writer-director stressed that it’s not the final look of the werewolf but one of the incremental stages.”

Full disclosure: I no longer have the teaser because it was on a password-protected Vimeo link that expired after 2 weeks. I don’t have Amazon Prime, so for anyone who does, feel free to check out the movie and let us know if the original “Betsy” teaser is in there. It’s also possible the version included in “60 Seconds 2 Die” is the SFW version (there were two versions filmed, but I only saw the NSFW one), but since this movie is being advertised as “hardcore grindhouse exploitation,” it would make sense they included the NSFW one.

TLDR: It’s possible the NSFW original “Betsy” teaser trailer is included in the movie “60 Seconds 2 Die (60 Seconds to Die 2)” on Amazon Prime. For those who have access, please check it out and let us know if that’s true. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta...ref=atv_dl_rdr
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote