free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Infant to Adult/Adult to Infant AP-AR thread
View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2019   #5
chriskim019
Observer / Preserver

Re: Infant to Adult/Adult to Infant AP-AR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by meticulan23 View Post
Looking into the Paprika scene I found something that makes me wonder. Are there two different versions of Paprika? I ask this because I saw something on Visibletime I wondered if the film had two different cuts. I know it's common for films to have different cuts with differences between Theatrical and DVD, but I know I had seen this particular version of the images on Visibletime. In this version Paprika and the villain aren't slightly transparent, the body is completely non transparent skin, also the villains face looks slightly different and the lighting of the scene is brighter than in the version of the film that I've seen. I know I've seen this version of the clip on Dailymotion and it's no longer there and the link to the clip on Visibletime doesn't work anymore, so I'm curious as to if there is a different version somewhere out there on DVD or somewhere out on the internet where there's less enhanced animation.
Yeah. I am not too sure about it either, but I think the film was remastered in 4K after the director "Satoshi Kon" passed away. From what I've read, it seems a couple of his films along with Paprika were remastered all together for showing in some film festivals as a tribute to his death.

Anyway, it does seem like the original version is no longer available online as most of them were probably replaced with the new version. The funny thing is, I believe I have the DVD of the old version back at my parents' house. I will have to check when I get back. But trust me, you really aren't missing anything. The remastered version, other than the difference of the skin transparency, is a straight upgrade and has better and vivid process.

Also, fun fact. There was apparently a live adaptation in development for Paprika back around 2010, but the release of the movie with similar theme, "Inception", seems to have led it to be cancelled. Man, that age progression sequence in live action would've been something to behold.

http://chriskim8365.deviantart.com/favourites/

Don't regret about anything you commit in life, for I believe everything is worthwhile^^

Last edited by chriskim019; 01-26-2019 at 03:41 AM.
chriskim019 is offline   Reply With Quote