The Process Forum - View Single Post - Female Werewolf needles in a haystack
View Single Post
Unread 01-31-2017   #695
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcislandguy View Post
I just wish that these movie makers who want our money for films would spend some money that they put into a 10 second blackscreen spooky music trailer with red bloody implied font into some practical effect to give us an idea of the quality of their work and some webcam footage of them, its not that expensive to do some prosthetics and fur work for even a still or show that the actresses are on board fully and some commitment.
Like when anthony brownrigg did the freeborn movie there was at least some effects in the "trailer" and even a short film(with no effects at all other than the actress growling behind a door), too bad he took the money that was donated and ran with it, then months later posting vauge responses that he was "busy" with other stuff and hes dissapeared off this board and furaffinity/deviantart.
As I wrote in my last post, they DID film teaser trailers and behind-the-scenes effects work (some were even “NSFW”), but they had to remove the vids because the lead actress left the project. You can see a photo of them casting the actress’ face though (and the actual facial mold) in old posts on the Facebook site. Also, for an idea of what the film is going for, just look at that poster. I mean, come on. As the kids like to say, "That is sexy AF."
As for actresses showing commitment, if you view the pitch video on the Indiegogo page, you’ll see a short clip of the actress who plays the titular she-wolf say how “freakin’ excited” she is to work with the writer/director again and also how important it is to have the best special effects for a movie such as this, and because she’s starred in numerous indie horror movies before, I don’t believe she was referring to the fact that this is simply a horror movie but specifically a werewolf movie, since a werewolf movie (or at least a good one) requires a standout transformation sequence.
As for Brownrigg, I wasn’t the only one who lost money on that project, and, to echo what someone else on here once said, “At best, he’s incompetent; at worst, he was a conman.” I think the truth is somewhere in-between. But seriously, asking for 1 million dollars for a low-budget indie film and then $20K for one TF scene was overambitious, to put it nicely. I can understand $100K for the film and maybe $5K for the TF scene, which btw, he almost raised, but will that scene ever see the light of day (besides the script page)? That remains to be seen, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Last edited by howlingfan; 02-07-2017 at 12:16 PM.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote