free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - New Arania sequence TG/TF/BE/SW (Offsite)
View Single Post
Unread 09-02-2010   #26
John Colburn
Might be a Robot

Re: New Arania sequence TG/TF/BE/SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance1701 View Post
How about trying tact and civility? It goes so much further than grousing and telling us how YOU PERSONALLY WON'T LOOK AT HER UGLY SITE AGAIN!

I mean, honestly, how would YOU respond to you?

Who knows, maybe it keeps her web costs low. Maybe....we don't know, how about you address your concerns to her in a respectful manner? You'd be amazed at how much further that'll get you.
I would respond to myself the way I respond to most things: In a straightforward and logical manner.

I didn't use any coarse language, nor did I say the site was ugly. The worst criticism I can give myself is that I was blunt. I could have used a more positive tone, but then again my feelings weren't positive and I wasn't speaking to the creator of the site. I didn't feel any specific need to be diplomatic, so I defaulted to honest.

My first post pointed out the problem I have with the site (thirty separate tabs to view the sequence mentioned in the OP) and a solution (edit them together into one image, or at least fewer than 30). My second post clarified that I respect the amount of work Arania does but it seems like the site doesn't get much work. You say I don't have tact or respect, but "needs work" is about as tactful as it gets if I'm trying to be honest about my opinion of the site.

As far as more specific concerns go, I don't see much point in elaborating since, as I mentioned, I'm not talking to the one responsible. I'm just reacting to a link posted on a forum. I'm pretty sure giving my honest opinion of the link is fair game, even if that opinion is not "OMG, that's great!".