The Process Forum - View Single Post - Lightfoot's BE Thread
View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2013   #10
Lightfoot
Frequent Poster

Re: Lightfoot's BE Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ot2000 View Post
This looks good, I like these progression type of stories. It was one of the reasons I followed Stone of Adventure and your recent more serious version of pulse.
I originally planned different pictures instead of cut and paste, but I thought that it made it harder to tell the difference between them. It was fun editing them to each be a little different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebomb View Post
There's a more recent version of pulse?! My god, it's been forever since I've visited Lightfoots website, sadly. I've got to catch up after all these years
Unfortunately I seem to hear something like that every few months from someone who didn't know I kept doing comics. I think I bungled the transition. There's possibly people everywhere who don't know.

Yes, in Fall (I think September) 2010 I started a more moderated version of Pulse (although it's not at the same webspace). I don't know that I'd say it's more serious, maybe a more conventional superhero comic. It's PG-13 (no topless shots), grows all at once, and she doesn't get quite as big (she's still big enough for people to complain, but I think more plausible. My avatar is a panel from the comic actually).

It's now 136 pages long (137, but I'm behind with the page for this week). The first 75 or so in black and white, since then in color. Somewhere in the 80's I redesigned some of the characters because many readers had trouble telling them apart. It's something I should have done at the beginning, but I thought (incorrectly) it was important to keep the designs from the older Pulse, and then because of when I redesigned them, it limited how much I could change. Most characters should return, even if they haven't appeared yet. Grace shows up in chapter 12 (we're currently near the end of 10), Charlotte will be introduced eventually too.

I think that maybe I gypped people out of a true transition for Annie, instead going for more of a surprise, but she's going to change back and forth a few times. I'll probably make one of them a slower change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfun74 View Post
I was always more interested in the genie and final fantasy comics then Pulse myself. But Lightfoot's stuff was always great.
Yeah, I think everyone had a a favorite over the others. Each of the comics I did had different settings. There was the Final Fantasy fan-comics, the manga-ish comedy PeEVEed, the slice-of-life My Big Life, the superheroine Pulse, and the fantasy adventure The Adept.
Lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote