free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)
View Single Post
Unread 05-09-2009   #1701
Ilparazzo
Advocate of Evil

Re: Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)

Weekly 2chan thread http://jun.2chan.net/b/res/10649285.htm
I've been meaning to mention this for a while but due to me failing at explaining things I'll try to keep it short.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni which is a sorta freshly translated visual novel features some corruption. As some of you might have guessed, Umineko is tied to the anime/visual novel Higurashi no Naku Koro ni with the difference being that the scenario for Umineko is the following:
Quote:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni takes place primarily in the year 1986, during the time frame of October 4 and October 5 on a small, secluded island named Rokkenjima around 10 km owned and lived on by Kinzo, the head of the wealthy Ushiromiya family.
Kinzo is near death, and eight of his family members arrive on the island for the annual family conference, where the adults plan to discuss how Kinzo's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are three family members who live there, five of Kinzo's servants, and his personal physician. After the eight family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island, and shortly after, strange things start to happen and people start dying.

The main character of the story is Battler Ushiromiya, son of Kinzo's second son Rudolf.
Once on the island, Battler once again becomes acquainted with the legend of the golden witch Beatrice who supposedly lives in the naturally dense forest on Rokkenjima. A portrait of her lies in the entrance hall of the Ushiromiya family mansion, and a puzzling epitaph is written below the portrait. Rumor has it on the island that Beatrice gave ten tons of gold to Kinzo in the past to restart the Ushiromiya family after being crippled in the 1923 Great Kantō earthquake. It is said that whoever solves the riddle of the witch's epitaph will receive the gold and be the next successor to the Ushiromiya family. Once the typhoon hits, a ghastly game begins, starting with the murder of six people on the island. If the witch's epitaph cannot be solved, people will continue to die in mysterious deaths, following the outline given by the epitaph itself, until the witch Beatrice ultimately revives.
Boy, that's a lot of text. Currently there are four games out of which the first three have been fully translated and first 9 chapters of the fourth game. Games 3 and 4 both feature corruption where normal people turn into evil witches and join the witch side. Some do it unwillingly because part of the riddle reward is the power of the witch and it's never smart to give unlimited power to a normal person. If visual novels aint your type, Umineko anime adaptation will start airing in few months
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10168

Naturally fans will be finding them in a situation when the anime starts to air that they have to pick their side.
Humans or witches. I know I'll be rooting for the witches

Last edited by Ilparazzo; 05-09-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Ilparazzo is offline   Reply With Quote