free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Omega Labyrinth Life (Switch)
View Single Post
Unread 03-25-2019   #7
Yarrcanite
Process Fan

Re: Omega Labyrinth Life (Switch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
The reason is multi fold 1 cost of import since this was likely a physical copy and the import fee plays a factor. 2 who will do the translation. Most companies farm out the translation and due to some translation companies (Funimation) choosing to completely change the script the owners simply refuse to do business with American translators and as a result it never gets done.

These being the two primary reasons off the top of my head, but I am sure there are other reasons.
The thing is, they either had a fully or almost fully translated version of the game. I don't know if they outsourced the work, but it was going to be a translation and not a "localization". It got blocked pretty close to release date.

The only reason it wasn't released to western markets was Sony saying it wasn't suitable for the western audiences.

The game being fully released on the Asian markets, would have allowed them to just release the english translated version there as well and through importing the cost will be slightly higher to the consumer but the game would be available and they wouldn't have had to scrap the translation.
Yarrcanite is offline   Reply With Quote