free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - mind control, bimbo transformation
View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2017   #2972
stonovan
Process Fan

Re: mind control, bimbo transformation

I would also add, beyond the reminder before mods come in to say that this should be in flames and bullshit, that there are aspects of this genre that we also view symbolically at this point. There was concern that on a level it was racist when the dark skinned woman becomes more dowdy and repressed after reading a book, that she also gets paler skin, which on a level could be seen as racist as well. It's peering in from the outside without understanding that it was fetish art and trying to figure it out which is incredibly difficult to do, but I don't necessarily begrudge them for being upset or frustrated or angry about the piece. There are definitely fetishes that I'm not into that I can say "I'm not into that" so I move on, but only because it is presented to me as fetish art. There's a difference between seeing let's say a piece of inflation art by a fetish artist and seeing a piece of it in a cartoon where it is equally sized - and the people outside of that community would raise some level of questioning.
TL: DR It's people looking at something they don't understand without context and we've got some weird context.