free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - How Did You Get Into SW
View Single Post
Unread 05-02-2017   #7
Marauder727
Process Fan

Re: How Did You Get Into SW

I would have to say that my first introduction into SW was probably much the same as most of you who are old enough to remember the '80's.

Back then, with the glut of Saturday morning cartoons, all sorts of weird and wonderful ideas filled the animated stories of all the cartoons that went from 7am till 12pm each Saturday. Most of the popular cartoons had at least one shrinking scene in them at some point. One in particular that I really loved, which also combined Age Regression, was G.I. Joe, where the team goes to a spa where half the team is shrunk and regressed, while the other half get older. Seeing Lady Jay becoming younger (and smaller) was kinda cool, and it was fun at the end when she was returned to normal...and didn't have her bikini bottom. *Big grin*

But there were all sorts of shows: Punky Brewster, Gummi Bears, Dragons Lair, Dungeons and Dragons, Transformers and many more. Now they may not have all had women shrinking, but there was shrinking involved. An even older one, which you can still find the video on YouTube, involves Wonder Woman from the SuperFriends cartoon, where she gets shrunk by a sinister cat who can manipulate a shrinking ray.

Even comic books in the '80's and '90's were brave enough to try to pull off shrinking, age regression and other fun bodily changes...and some of them focused on women. One in particular that I can remember was a DC Comic called Amethyst, where this young twelve year-old girl gets transported to another dimension, and while traveling between the two dimensions, she either ages to become a hot early twenty-something woman, or gets younger when she returns to Earth. Granted, it was AR or AP, but there was shrinking / growing involved.

Of course, Alice in Wonderland has got to be a major contributor to my enjoyment of SW, but it wasn't until Disney's movie with Johnny Depp where the shrinking really got to be cool and believable. I mean, the first time Alice shrinks, she shrinks right into her clothes in such a way that had never been properly shown before and I was like...YIKES! That's what I'm talkin' about!

In any case, I too stumbled upon the AOL era websites dealing with Shrinking Women including the SW Forum, SW Portal, and other similar sites. Minimizer's website was the go-to place until he let it fall into disrepair a couple of years ago (Where did you go, Min?), but back in the day, it was great to get together with folks and post stories, get feedback and see what other folks were doing for the community. I met a lot of friends, whom I can see some are still here...Sci-Dram...Mercutio (under a different name) and some others. LoreKeep, of course...TALON!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!! I bet he's lurking, just enjoying this.

Anyway!...I too went into lurking mode for awhile, but I never gave up on the love for SW, which is mainly why I decided to come back. Obviously, thanks to the wonderful comments by some here and on other posts, I've seen that my stories are still well loved...and thanks to Mercutio's strong belief that my D2D story should be completed, I now am endeavoring to finish it for folks to read and enjoy. It's already at 45 chapters (averaging 12-16 pages per chapter), and there's still much to go.

As for the older stories I have...as I have said...I think they deserve to be re-edited and brought back for folks to enjoy with the detail and vivid imagery that I think I could improve upon.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying reading what you guys have to say!

Troy Light
formerly TDLAmador

P.S. - What ever happened to Sammi? Sam? Are you still out there somewhere?
Marauder727 is offline   Reply With Quote