The Process Forum - View Single Post - Awil remake female lead rumor
View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2017   #31
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: Awil remake female lead rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcislandguy View Post
What I was saying in my comment is that making ANY movie, regardless of content is about making money unless you crowdsource your money, Legitimate investors (Like studios/productions companies expect a return , thats the crux of lending money to someone. Any film about transformation is more an Art film because transformation is always related to puberty/sexuality/and quasi-philosphical human emotional stories most people don't want to admit they have.
The primary movie goer is a young Male and they want to see Action, Sex and comedy, thats why Transformers, marvel universe, and Star Wars type movies are in the theaters and this movie is sitting in limbo, its only something people like us want to see
The only reason this movie is "in limbo" as you put it, is because he's been afraid to do a remake of his father's old masterpiece. He spoke like might be ready to tackle that now, but if he changes his mind again we'll never see it. He told us as much in the interview, and promised nothing, literally. "I promise you nothing" which really just means he's still on the fence about doing it at all. In all likelihood he'll back down from doing it, too intimidated to attempt the massive undertaking that remaking his father's classic would ultimately entail.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote