free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - 25 inches of Christmas (futa Growth)
View Single Post
Unread 12-04-2015   #18
Comicbookbabe
Smooth operator

Re: 25 inches of Christmas (futa Growth)

Wow, look at all the drama I missed while I was away.

Ok so I totally forgot to tell people the project had 10 minutes of content every day. That price comes out to about $0.50/minute. The length of every completed story is about 4 hours each. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a producer who is going to give you four hours of content for $125. If I were to do something like this year round, I would get a $30/month subscription service, but I am just one person working on this, no one else. I'm stretched pretty thin just doing this, I want to have a life outside my job too.

As far as my voice, you're all entitled to your own opinion but the only post editing work I do with my work is to clear up the background static that naturally happens in a recording.

When it comes to giving something away for free, I've done that in the past. It didn't affect my sales at all, so I stopped doing it. It was getting to be so all I really had were people complaining about the free content and how there wasn't enough of it. I still have quite a bit of work to do on the remaining recordings for about half the calendars, but after I'm done with that, I'll see what I can do about getting a free trailer together, will that suffice? I'm not going to put out a full chapter, but I'll see about putting together a free trailer that samples bits from throughout the story, it will take time though as, like I said before, I'm just one person, and I need a life of my own outside this work.

Also, Day 04 is up in the original post if you're interested.

Want to call me?
Use Niteflirt

Want to buy an MP3?
Bandcamp is awesome!

I'm now on Patreon!
Comicbookbabe's Patreon
Comicbookbabe is offline   Reply With Quote