free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Remake of the "Attack of the 50ft woman" by Burton?
View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2024   #7
ReverendZ
Leecher

Re: Remake of the "Attack of the 50ft woman" by Burton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsbane99 View Post
I think it's less of the "feminist" push so much as a growing awareness of fetishes, so there will be an intentional avoidance of making the scene erotic unless the movie is rated R. That is the point of the ratings system after all, in theory.

That said, while I wouldn't say Burton is afraid of sexual concepts per se, his movies don't really have a pattern of sexualization. Sure, Lydia Deetz ended up causing a million young men and women to grow up with a goth girl fetish, and Catwoman in Batman Returns basically caused half a generation to become attracted to red flags and damage.

But of his 20 odd movies, the only ones that spring to mind for having intentionally sexualized content for audience titilation were Batman Returns (specifically Catwoman), Sleepy Hollow, and Dark Shadows.

So yeah, I don't think Burton will likely give the content this forum is looking for, but I don't think that is because of the current state of Hollywood.
I get it. It's because it's not his style, is that it?
ReverendZ is offline   Reply With Quote