The Process Forum - View Single Post - Down the Drain - Shrink Fan Comics
View Single Post
Unread 06-01-2019   #3
zdarkness
Zone of Darkness

Re: Down the Drain - Shrink Fan Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossmol View Post
For a site that only needs to produce one script a month, the story and writing are lacking.

Halfway through, the narrative abruptly ends with "It was all a dream!" I had not seen any previous comic that wrote themselves into a corner as quickly as this script did.

The main character is an empty shell with no discernable qualities but being a cartoonish nymphomaniac. While the art is serviceable, nothing happens in this story. The character is passive, with most lines either being voicing confusion or bemoaning what's happening to her. Paired with a different script, the artist could deliver on some interesting angles and perspectives.

This is by far the worst comic on the site. While most comics vary in quality, they all fall within a certain range that is acceptable. This comic falls below that range. I hope it is not a sign of things to come. Little and Small Change look like exciting premises with potential. From the start, this comic did not appear to show any promise. Even the keywords imply dull filler between the next Small Fortune or other higher-quality work.

If you are going to adapt the work of others, please pick works that have interesting and proven narratives or world-building that go with the shrinking, like Catster's Diary of a Shrinking Woman.
Sorry Qzar and Vince, but I'm going to have to agree here. I know fetish content comes before writing, but... Really, here was nothing here that wasn't in the original 4chan piece other than the setup and dialogue, but I thought the original piece expressed the character's reactions better just by her face.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was terrible but it was essentially just an extended shrinking sequence.

The art is very nice at least. I like the dynamics of the "camera." It really helped to emphasize her change in height in a situation where there isn't much besides water to compare her to.

Also did Drawanon get a credit?

EDIT: Disregard that last part. I just checked the 4chan shrinking thread and Drawanon is both aware fo the comic and doesn't mind either way about that kind of thing.

I can write when I find the time.

But mostly I'm here to leech! *thumbs up*

Last edited by zdarkness; 06-02-2019 at 02:00 AM.
zdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote