free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Giantess's Garden: Illustrated Story
View Single Post
Unread 12-04-2018   #18
a0040pc

Re: The Giantess's Garden: Illustrated Story

A few miles away Liam was going through the same morning routines as Wendy. Where she had both her parents looking out for her, he only had Rina who had woken earlier in order to make a cooked breakfast. She believed that a decent breakfast was the best way to start the day and would help until it was time to go to bed.

Liam always enjoyed the breakfasts that she would make for him as it would usually consist of items such as sausages, bacon, baked beans, toast, eggs and a few other items. She would cook a large quantity for herself and then a smaller portion for him, it was enough to feed him and he would always thank her for the meal.

Like most mornings he found himself sitting at his own table while Rina ate at a much larger one. Thanks to her extreme size she couldn’t eat at the same table as him but they would remain close nonetheless. It was very rare that any of the food went to waste as they would often clean their plates.

“Did you want anymore?” asked Rina as she could see that Liam was close to finishing. Her higher vantage point allowed her to see his plate with some ease.

“N-No I’m stuffed Rina,” replied Liam as he took a bite out of the last piece of toast that he had.

“That’s fine, I just want to make sure that you have all the energy that you need for the day ahead. My mother always told me that a bad breakfast normally leads to a bad day.” She chuckled for a moment. “Too bad she couldn’t cook.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, who was your mother?” Asking Rina this did make him think about his own mother but he was genuinely curious. Since he had begun living with her, she hadn’t mentioned anything about her family.

“She was a kind woman who did what she could for me. Unfortunately, she was a little old when she gave birth to me so our time together was shorter than one might think. But still there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about her.” She looked at a clock that was on a wall nearby and she realised the time. “Oh my, you better hurry or else you’re going to be late for school.” She still smiled at him as she began to get up from her chair. “We’ll talk more about it later.”

Liam did quickly get off his chair and picked up his coat and school bag. He walked toward the front door that Rina opened for him, before he could leave, she bent down and gave him a hug and a small kiss on his forehead She hoped that he would have a nice day and she watched as he walked away from the house. He waved goodbye to her and she waved back to him.

Rina was always a little saddened to see him go to school as it meant that she would be in the house alone again. However, she knew how important his education was and so she didn’t mind her loneliness. This was nothing compared to the day that she feared, this was the day that one of Liam’s family members arrived and took him away since she was only his temporary guardian. When that day came, she didn’t know exactly how she was going to react as she now began to view the young boy as her own son.

A short time later Liam had completed his first couple of lessons and was on his break. It was too soon for lunch so he merely ate a chocolate bar in order to take the edge off his hunger. Throughout the morning he had been meaning to talk to Wendy but both of them had been so busy in their schoolwork that they hadn’t had time to speak to one another.

He was standing in the playground and eating his chocolate bar when he noticed Wendy not too far from him. Thanks to her height she was easy to pick out and like him she too was also eating a little something. This was a bag of sweets which gather her the calories that she needed.

Liam approached his taller friend and at first, she didn’t notice him. Instead she carried on eating and it wasn’t until he said hi to her that she realised that she was even there. He smiled at her and he could see a worried look on her face. Not only that but he also noticed that she began to slouch as well, this was something that she didn’t do very often.

“Oh, hi Liam,” said Wendy.

“There’s something that I’ve been meaning to ask you,” replied Liam who had his hopes up fairly high.

“W-What’s that?” There was a sense of dread in his voice, it was like she already knew what he was going to ask.

“Well you know the dance that’s coming up, I was just wondering.” He got a little nervous but he tried to keep his composure. “Do you want to go to the dance with me?” He seemed quite happy when he was done asking and he was thought that she would be more than happy to say yes. Instead he could see that she was still nervous and even a little sad.

“I don’t know Liam, it’s just that…”

“Did I do something wrong?” He was worried that he was going to lose his only friend in the school. “If I have, I’m really sorry.”

“No, it’s not you, it’s me.” She gave a sigh. “It’s just that at dances when boys and girls dance together.” She paused for a moment as she realised that she wasn’t explaining it correctly. But she decided to stop as she knew that she wasn’t doing it correctly, in the end she thought it was best to ask him straight up. “D-Do you think I’m too tall?”

“What are you talking about?”

“I mean look at me, I’m taller than practically every kid in school and even some of the teachers. I’ve always been a little taller than normal but recently I’ve been growing really fast and now I’m like this. I’m still growing as well and I’m afraid that I’m going to be as tall if not taller than my dad.” Liam remembered seeing Wendy’s father at her birthday party, he was the tallest man that he had ever seen and for the moment he did think about what if she did become as tall. “You wouldn’t want to be friends with a girl who makes you look short, no boy would.”

“Don’t be silly Wendy.” He placed her hand on her shoulder and for a moment she looked away before she looked at him. “I don’t care how tall you become, even if you become the tallest girl in the world it doesn’t mean that we can’t be friends. I was taught that it doesn’t matter what friends look like, it is what they do that makes them friends. You helped me adjust here when I first came and ever since then I’ve always considered us as friends.” He smiled at her as he saw a tear rolling down her face. “Besides, tall girls are awesome.” Before he could say anything else, he felt Wendy embrace him in a hug. He didn’t try to resist and just hugged her back. His friend was in need of his attention and he was going to give her as much as she needed.

“Thank you, Liam, that means more to me then you can imagine.”

“N-No problem.” They continued to hug for a few more moments and Liam did notice that she was standing to her full height again. She even rested her chin a little on top of his head which he didn’t mind at all.

The hug was broken off when they heard the bell ringing. This indicated that break time was over and that they needed to return to class. Rather than walking straight away Liam smiled at Wendy and held out his hand to her. She took a moment or two to gently grab onto his hand and they walked back to class hand in hand. Even though there were still a couple of tears rolling down her face she still couldn’t help but break a smile.
Attached Images
File Type: png 16.png (403.9 KB, 42 views)