free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Mt. Rushmore of TF Artists
View Single Post
Unread 11-19-2020   #5
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Re: The Mt. Rushmore of TF Artists

I had an immediate list pop in my head, but giving it a little more thought, I feel like a "Mt. Rushmore" for any field is not just who is the "best" per se, but also a list of who is the most representative or iconic of that field. For instance, the real life Mt. Rushmore features four presidents who all had a hand in major events in the country's history. I think a true list for TF artists would represent those that have had longevity and/or made an impact on the scene. Just something to toss about, and discuss.

My 4 best/favorite:
  1. Gryf
  2. Lobo Leo
  3. Liminalbean
  4. Wereworld
*Honorable Mention: Solone

If I'm making a list for artists who I think are iconic, or stalwarts of the field then that changes things a little. Gryf and Leo still make my list, as almost no one has come close to the quality and style of work that Gryf has done. Plus, he's responsible for two of the best TF animations that have ever been made. Lobo Leo has also been in the game forever, and Alpha Luna is a gold standard as far as TF comic series go.

After that, it's a bit harder to pick. I know opinions are split in some circles on her work, but I would put Arania up there. She has the longevity, her site with all of her artwork is a great treasure trove, and she has made some great artwork herself over the years. The fourth spot, I'm mostly undecided. Some names have come to my head, like BlackRat, Angrboda, Chessire88, etc. Hell, I think artists like Liminalbean and Wereworld are trending towards that level, even being relatively newer to the game.
Thrillerboy is offline   Reply With Quote