free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - TMC Werewolf?
Thread: TMC Werewolf?
View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2012   #108
Rei-Lin
Process Master

Re: TMC Werewolf?

What Bud was saying is exactly what I was thinking as well. People keep saying use better prosthetic pieces and while that is certainly one way to improve the quality, seeing as how the majority of this community wants PROCESS, then what people want are animatronic hands, arms, feet, teeth, heads, spines, etc. They want American Werewolf effects, or effects like in The Howling. Growing claws, spines popping out, fangs growing, all the stuff we know and love from the old school of Rick Baker effects. The make up appliances is fine to use as say the start and end to an effect, and of course more expensive ones will look better. But that in between, those process shots, that's what people really want to see. Those are the effects that cost money, a lot of money for something such a small community as this would probably be less likely to pay for (and I don't mean everybody here, as some people would pay for it no matter what). I mean if people here can complain about spending $20 for a clip, can you imagine if they had to pay $50?

While I think TMC will get better, and they are making efforts to do so, you have to take things in smaller steps. I understand people want better of everything, but that comes over time, with lots of trial and error, and usually, more money. Let them get the better make up stuff first and we'll see where that goes. I hope they do upgrade that aspect first, as I think they have a decent grasp on how to set up the shots at this point, it's just a matter of refinement now.

A side note for you Dorintf, I think the back inflation was meant to replicate something similar to America Werewolf when his shoulder blades pushed upwards and he was left with that "hump" covered in fur. Another clip similar to that was the wolfman transformation in Monster Squad. Sure TMC's wasn't perfect, but I see the potential for it's future use in other clips. Now if they can get that spine to pop and shirt to rip...yum!
Rei-Lin is offline   Reply With Quote