The Process Forum - View Single Post - Attribute Theft/Transfer
View Single Post
Unread 11-15-2017   #675
godleydemon
Can I have a cookie

Re: Attribute Theft/Transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylion View Post
I don't much like size transfer and giantess type stories. But the writing in this was amazingly well done, my favorite paragraph in the entire thing.

Quote:
Despite being trapped in some sort of suspended animation I resisted the urge to panic. Though, honestly, it may have been that the thing preventing me from breathing also prevented me from losing my mind. Given my inability to move, speak, breathe, hear, or even feel- panic seemed like a perfectly good option. Instead I did what all objects on shelves do: nothing, I certainly didn’t reflect on how I’d ended up here. That was a problem for Future Mike; a guy undaunted by living in a nightmare and able to perform incredible feats such as breathing air. Though oxygen, apparently, was not a necessary ingredient for my current state of existence.
I loved that paragraph and I loved this style of writing, unfortunately though, I didn't like the end. It just felt.. wrong. Nothing was accomplished, the old Heather seemed like it would appear through the cracks, then disappear again. I get the author wanted to let that bit of Heather shine through, but it gave a hope that just never went anywhere.

He tried his best to wrap things up in the final chapter, unfortunately, it left me thinking. The old Heather, from all that time ago, was lost forever and that our protagonist was going to suffer or learn to love it. I'd have loved to have seen a couple of more chapters, him working with the other character in the story that knows the secret. Devising a way to balance the scale so to speak, to break the spell that Heather had been trapped in, when she had only hoped to help her friend. The entire story is a tragedy when taken in with that context.

Not only that, it's a tragedy without a proper ending. The author says something about an old cartoon, where Wiley finally caught the Roadrunner and held up a sign that said "now what". It's actually a rather famous scene in cartoon history. Because a child wouldn't know what came next, so neither did Wiley. That's not really what happens here though. The author tries to say the protagonist longed for Heather his entire life, but when he had her, he didn't know what to do next. That's not at all what happens in this story though truth be told. Heather is a maniacal super worldly being trapped by dark magic to consume, the more she consumes, the more darkness inside of her grows in strength. The truly tragic part, she didn't want this, she didn't want any of it.

She even mentions at a certain point near the end, she didn't want this, but it's almost like she has two different personalities. Which in truth, she probably does. The one that hungers and the innocent child that doesn't want to hurt anyone.

I hope this author is here somewhere, I'd love to see him follow this up with a proper ending. Ending Heather's suffering in some way or form.

Last edited by godleydemon; 11-15-2017 at 03:34 AM.
godleydemon is offline   Reply With Quote