The Process Forum - View Single Post - Alice In Wonderland
View Single Post
Unread 03-17-2016   #1225
Mr Wayne
The Man~the Myth~the Bat

Wink Re: Alice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allogagan View Post
Slightly off topic but still about Alice in Wonderland related. In the 1951 Disney's Alice in Wonderland when Alice grows in the White Rabbit's house you see one of her legs growing out of the front door and when they show the full house (see attachment) you see the other legs has also grown out of the house. Where exactly is it coming out of? They never show how this legs got there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebok View Post
Probably through a plot hole or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funbird View Post
A window at the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50percentgrey View Post
As long as we're at it, how is it the inside of the house has two floors but when Alice fills it up (luv that thought, btw), it looks more like one floor. Perhaps she made the second floor collapse under her weight making it that way?
I think they just squeeeezed her swelling body through the house's nooks and crevices for dramatic effect, 50percentgrey.

What they should have done was never pan away from Alice's initial growth inside the second floor room to the White Rabbit, but instead continued to show her filling up the rest of the house from the inside. Not the outside as much until the very end of her growth spurt. And then to have slowed down the pace more, while never compromising how they portrayed Alice's anxiety.

By the way... While we're on this subject twice, I don't know about all of you but I sure would love to take some of those bread slices (or whatever they are) nested on the front window sill.

;-P

Last edited by Mr Wayne; 03-17-2016 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Oops...
Mr Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote