The Process Forum - View Single Post - Expansion Fan Comics - official updates
View Single Post
Unread 08-17-2014   #84
J Yubari
Frequent Poster

Re: Expansion Fan Comics - official updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrem View Post
J Yubari, it seems you were indeed busy, sine it seems you only read my last post.

I'll state it loud and clear here again, so that people can see my point and can agree or disagree with me. Which may help you to change the website in the good way.

For Cleavage Crusader, I would indeed want an explanation. Was the comic applauded and appraised by fellow members ? For me, I do consider it's a failure comic, so it may be just me.
The comic is a failure? Based on what objective criteria? I don't mind you saying you didn't "like" the series but to call someone's work a "failure" is hyperbolic and downright insulting to the people who created it. Valeyard Vince and Octo have actually received praise by some fans for the comic series, which is why we have continued making new chapters. Just because you are a subscriber doesn't mean you should be rude to the content creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrem
As far as you want to release free comics or give free images, I'll just say this : for comics, go for the older ones, like the first 4 or 5 ones you released. Plus, I do consider most of those as the top of the website, so I think people would enjoy them more. For free images, no comment. I would have rather had a second commic free than see that.

If you REALLY want more audience, you may consider lowering the membership fee. Not by much, but you're one of the most expansive ones of the market, and I know what I'm talking about. Sadly, I can name a website 3 times cheaper than you, with constant quality, and with stuff which is directly coming from the fans. Then, you may tell me that your stuff is ALSO coming from the fans. I'll just state I went once on SizeForum and never came back for the lack of appeal, all in all.
Which website is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrem
As far as I'm concerned, less than half of what's coming is tickling my interest. Lin's rounding is the one I'm looking forward, because you're trying something new. Tender Mercy looks great, but more for the quality of the art than the story. (I commissioned the artist as a test and was really happy with quality, so I do consider the comic as a success already) And I may take a look at Meta-fiction love story. Genetic Destiny looks arather blah, and I hate Inflated Ego, so seeing 2 add-ons is a huge turn-down.

The only thing I really look forward and isn't on ? The comic EUDETENIS is making for you. Sorry to say, but it'll be your first high-class quality manga in your lot, if you ask me. But I may be biased, since she's one of the artists I love to commission.

I'm not here to destruct a website or its reputation.
However, the more things are being talked, the more I'm getting the feeling that people are missing the point of my disappointment, if it isn't OUR disappointment.
It's impossible to make each and every comic appealing to each and every person's taste. I try to strike a decent balance to overall please everyone. I've had mostly good feedback from the fans thus far. Instead of stating what you don't like why don't you provide more positive feedback on what you DO like so we can make more of it?