The Process Forum - View Single Post - Developing Adventures of Golden Girl
View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2016   #21
NimrodClover
KC Strip Artist

Talking Re: Developing Adventures of Golden Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
I don't know. As someone who overthinks everything, I wonder if it would be a downer to have her bigger in one comic and then normal again if there are any other comics after that. From one point of view, maybe she should only be bigger if it would continue, or if it was the last comic.
LF - You always seem to fret about this topic. Take it from someone who totally overthinks things, just figure out the basic mechanism that would allow for size change and keep it set. This in turn would act as the primary catalyst for the stories.

Examples:
Ranma 1/2 used different immersion in water, with temperature controlling the transformation.
The Hulk uses rage / anger as the tipping point.
Pinocchio established confabulation as the control. (there was a female version that focused on her chest)
Even Popeye or Shazam technically have a catalyst that causes change and could have been seen as a detriment. What if Popeye just happened to eat spinach by accident?

Anyway - you see where I am going. Set the prompting event and then tell the story around it. In Ranma, sometimes just getting water was the problem, other times it was too much water, or the wrong temperature.

Should I even mention The Magnificent Milkmaid?

One that has always been a personal favorite, and rather obscure, was the character Glitter on Kidd Video who gained super strength (no physical change) whenever she sneezed. Go look it up, there is some interesting history there, and check out who did her voice...

Anyway - that is my 2 bits.
NimrodClover is offline   Reply With Quote