free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - New Female Werewolf Transformation Animation preview
View Single Post
Unread 03-13-2018   #26
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

Re: New Female Werewolf Transformation Animation preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillerboy View Post
You can definitely compare the two, because it still comes down to utility, or "bang for your buck". The original point that I agreed with was that I would rather pay that money for a movie I know has a great live action TF scene than a one minute TF animation. Especially if I get the additional utility of enjoying the entirety of the movie as I do with some of the movies I listed above, among others.

Now, to your point, if I'm going into it blind, and don't know if the TF content in the movie is good or bad, I may lean towards the animation, that I know is catered to my tastes. With that said, while $9 doesn't put me out very much, I truly do not value a one minute video of almost any kind that high.
The second paragraph is fine and I can't disagree with you, but the comparison of a big budget movie to a niche product like what FMM has produced is still not a very good one. The circumstances between the production of the two are utterly different, how the producer recoups the cost is utterly different, and honestly the content of FMM's clip is utterly different. Like, when's the last time you saw a minute long female werewolf transformation in full detail with displayed nudity? It doesn't occur very often, and if you do buy said movie just for the TF scene you've paid the same price (or usually, more) as you would have for FMM's clip. The movie comparison is also disingenuous because if you're being fair, you should be comparing this clip to other products like it and there aren't a whole lot of such products around.

The only reason this is a sticking point for me is that if this community wants such content FMM's approach is the only way we're realistically going to get it outside of some crowdfunding thing that actually comes through. Tailored products don't come along very often and a content-starved community like us needs to expect that such producers will need to make up their costs, not point out that a mass market product that has incidental content goes for a different price. This sort of thing could discourage content creators altogether, and we've seen such creators depart the scene too many times. If FMM was gouging I could see this argument maybe a bit more, but he's charging less than ten bucks.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.
Cursebearer is online now   Reply With Quote