free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Legacy of a Classic? - The Fandom of Dr. J and Ms. H
View Single Post
Unread 05-30-2013   #4
Rei-Lin
Process Master

Re: Legacy of a Classic? - The Fandom of Dr. J and Ms. H

Well in the movie version of League, Hyde was a monster, really big, all scary and sort of deformed, but by the end he had done good things and saved a lot of lives (like when the Nautilus was sinking) and even Jekyll told him he did well, so their relationship wasn't so much one of rage or insecurity between the two, but as equals that learned something from each other and came to terms with each other's strengths and weaknesses and learned to live together, at least that's how I took it. I never read the book so I can't say how that went.

As for monsters and befriending, that's not really how I meant it really. I have a werewolf character that learns to control her lycanthropy but it takes her many years and the whole time she's mentally struggling with this other being the lives inside her, as much a monster as a young baby. But because of what humans know or are told, the perspective is Werewolf=Evil. I make it a semi religious/mental struggle not really as one trying to overpower the other, but each trying to come to an equality about the other, until they're equal.

You could think of it as Goten and Trunks from DragonBall Z having to get their power levels equal so they could fuse together into Gotenks. Sorry to mention DBZ, but that's the first thing that popped into my warped head!