Thread: Breast Friends
View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2019   #21
JJStrebas
BE Writer

Re: Breast Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by somnium View Post
Thanks for the advice! I agree that everyone is going to find fault with something sometime. As long as there's an audience for a kink, then there's the possibility of successfully reaching that audience. It's just a matter of finding the right readers, and making the book as good as you can make it.
Right, the key is to accurately describe it for what it is. You don't want someone to buy a book and feel like they were misled as far as what the content is, especially if dealing with kinks that are very... polarizing. That leads to lots of returns and bad reviews.

Also erotica and romance are two different markets. We might like a little romance in our erotica but a full fledged romance reader is usually looking for something totally different than what a typical process story has to offer. There are romance beats to hit and a certain length expected as well as a professional cover to consider. Most erotica is shorter and less polished and just designed to scratch an itch and move on. Maybe that was the audience BIG was referring to.

Quote:
Besides, Kindle Unlimited doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble, so why not spread the book around?
Kindle Unlimited favors longer titles, like 50K+

If you write a 5K word story and someone on KU reads it all the way through, that will pay you roughly $0.10.
As in ten pennies.

But it also helps with rankings and visibility of your books. I can't say what is better to do, because I am still new at this and by no means an expert. I've tried both Amazon and Smash and Amazon is by far my biggest market. They still control like 80-90% of the ebook market... or something like that.
JJStrebas is offline   Reply With Quote