Thread: Breast Friends
View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2019   #23
JJStrebas
BE Writer

Re: Breast Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Isaac Gordon View Post
This is EXACTLY the issue I am struggling with. I want to write more Romance-ish style books. I don't get much write satiation in writing a 7000
word crank scene.

But I am about certain if I put any 'expansion' theme in a 75K word novel full of adventure, heart, and boobs getting bigger most and I mean MOST will hit the eject button.
Maybe so. There's also a genre known as erotic romance which kind of blurs the line, but from what I understand it isn't a very successful thing. People who like "real" romance don't like it because it goes overboard on the erotica and doesn't necessarily cover the beats and people who like erotica get bored of it and move on.

At first I was going to try to do About Marlin as one big 50-70k word novel, but I just wasn't confident enough that it would work or that I could really go about marketing it as romance, so I decided to go with my usual chapter format instead. I'm still kicking around the idea, with another different story, but I don't think it will grab a larger audience outside of people who already like BE.

I'm okay with that, but at the same time I can totally understand your desire to reach a different and larger audience by introducing "true" romance novel themes to a BE style story.
JJStrebas is offline   Reply With Quote