The Process Forum - View Single Post - Desolate Jedi #1
View Single Post
Unread 12-19-2014   #22
Obsidian
Process Master

Re: Desolate Jedi #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frice2000 View Post
That's really too bad. Hope it doesn't stop you from writing more at least in the future though!

Could you maybe dispute the transaction on Paypal or anything like that?
I put in a dispute today, but because I paid her via installments, only the latest payment is eligible for a dispute. So, I might be able to recoup ~$300 or so, but not everything (and I'm not really optimistic about the $300).

I don't quite understand what happened. It was going so well. She and I were in regular contact, she was showing me sketches, and promising to show more soon...and then she was gone. I waited a month. Nothing. Since I'd invested so much into her and comic, I decided to press the issue and fired off a few e-mails. Nothing. Tried a few more e-mails and notes later on, and gave a final attempt notice. Still, she said nothing. So, with the time I had left to dispute the latest payment down to 1 day, I decided I'd given all the rope I could.

I hope she's alright, and if she'd just given me some indication that something was wrong in RL, I would have been fine with that. But she gave me nothing, and so my benefit of the doubt faded. Sad.

But, that's life. If I don't get any of the money back, then I'll have just learned a painful lesson. That's all there is to it, really.
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote