free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - New Smash Bros!
Thread: New Smash Bros!
View Single Post
Unread 10-08-2014   #155
Keile
OMG OMG OMG I'M IN SPACE!

Re: New Smash Bros!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Tabby View Post
I enjoy that too...but I'd enjoy it more if that slot had been taken up by a character I actually wanted. Think of all the characters they could have chosen. They passed on Krystal. They passed on Ridley. They passed on Takamaru. They passed on Mike Jones. They passed on Starfy. All so they could give us a character with no fighting abilities that nobody likes.

Dark Pit, Dark Samus, and Dr. Mario all only belong in the game as alternate costumes, especially since Nintendo is finally giving us proper alternate costumes in this one. By now, Nintendo should know that we don't want clone characters.
They put Duck Hunt in the game as homage to the creator of it who passed away recently. So there was a reason. And Ridley is TOO BIG OF A CHARACTER to be in the game. He would have to be drastically re-designed otherwise it would be like having Giga Boweser on the stage at all times. I want more Metroid representation but Ridley is a bit of a stretch. However, there is a character from the old Comics that could be doable. I cannot remember his name(Edit: Found it. His name is Armstrong Houston) , but he was a Human and had a power suit SIMILAR to Samus', though I believe it was Human in origin, not an original Chozo one.

Thing is, Dark Samus would play completely different than Samus. Look at her assist trophy, she is nothing like Samus except in looks. She also fought nothing like her in the MP series as well. Her moves were based on Samus's but DRASTICALLY different. They are a lot more different than Dr.Mario/Dark Pit are from their counterparts.

Then again I also think Samus should be completely redesigned as well. I think they need to remove some of Samus's melee and focus more on her gun instead. Sorta like they did with MegaMan.

She should have her other beams as attacks, like Ice, Wave, Plasma (which is TECHNICALLY what she is using for her fire attacks). Also I think her main gun attack should be changed to be more like her actual Power Beam.

As for different costumes, I woulda preferred they remodeled her suit rather than just coloring it like they did. But still, nice to see that Fusion, Dark, Light, Phazon, Gravity, and Dark Samus colors are all there (YES she does have a Dark Samus look already). Also a bit lame that she is based on her design from the atrocious Other M game....seriously I got the "Gravity Suit" trophy in Smash and yelled at my 3DS "THAT'S NOT THE FUCKING GRAVITY SUIT! THAT'S THE VARIA SUIT GLOWING PURPLE!"

Last edited by Keile; 10-08-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Keile is offline   Reply With Quote