free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Man With Lightning Fists (Illustrated Story)
View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2018   #1
a0040pc

The Man With Lightning Fists (Illustrated Story)

Here is a new illustrated story written by myself. This first part has no GTS but the rest of it will do, thank you for reading and I hope that you enjoy. The art is proved by Caiman. Check out his work here.

https://caiman2.deviantart.com/

Long ago in a land to the East a man who would go down in legend was born. His name was Huan Ling and his tale would be spoken not just in his native land but through all lands in the world. On the outside he seemed like any normal man but the feats that he accomplished would go down in history. There are many who believe that he never existed but some knew the truth about the Man With Lightning Fists.

Huan was not born into a wealthy family but instead lived a peasant’s life as he worked on his family’s farm in order to help them survive. He was the eldest child in his family and his father looked to him to continue the family bloodline. He did have a younger sister who was considered the light of the family as her beauty and kindness was known throughout the village. Her name was Lina and the siblings had been close all of their lives.

What made Huan stand out from his peers was is skills at hand to hand combat. It was said that he was skilled enough to take down a dozen men without a single out landing a blow. His kicks were so fast that many would only see a blur and his hands were said to move as fast as lightning itself. He didn’t teach these skills to himself. The village had an old Kung Fu master who first saw Huan as an angry young boy who was always wanting to fight.

The Old Master saw potential in Huan and eventually taught him how to hone his skills. Not only did he teach Huan how to fight but also taught him self-discipline that helped calm the rage inside of him and made him a level-headed adult. Eventually Huan’s skills had far outreached that of his master but rather than looking down at him he still held his master in high regard and often went to him for advice.

The good times for Huan seemed to end when his sister became very ill. At first it was thought to be a simple illness but when her condition deteriorated everyone realised that this bright light would be permanently snuffed out. The villages healers did what they could to try and help Lina but no herbs would heal her and they had told Huan and his parents to expect the worst to happen.

Feeling at a loss Huan visited his Old Master who was himself was staring death in the face. Over the years he had lost more and more of his movement to the point that he could no longer get out of his bed and a local young woman was tasked in taking care of him until his time came.

Huan found his master lying in his bed and at his request his carer left the room so that they could speak in private. He quickly sat down beside the bed on a wooden chair and his master looked at him and smiled. Many of his teeth were gone but he could still smile enough to show that he was genuinely happy.

“Huan, what a pleasant surprise,” said the Old Master. What was left of his hair was white and in his later years he had allowed her beard to grow. “What brings you to my humble abode.”

“Master I feel at a loss,” replied Huan. He bowed his head as a sign of respect to him. He was close to tears but he was able to keep them within himself.

“Is it because of your sister?” Huan looked at him with surprise and this made the Old Master chuckle. “Just because I’m stuck in this room doesn’t mean I don’t know what is happening in the outside world. I have heard about your sister’s illness and it saddens me to hear that such a young life is being taken so suddenly.”

“I don’t know what to do Master. I have the strength and skill to take down any opponent and yet I am powerless but to watch as my sweet sister is dying before my eyes. She looks at me as if I can save her but there is nothing that I can do.”

“There may be a solution to her predicament and I don’t mean caring for her in her final hours. I might just have the answer that you need.”

“Then please tell me master.” He got up from the chair and crouched down beside the bed. “I will do anything to save her.”

“There is a temple that is said to house an elixir which can cure any ailment. A man on death’s door can drink it and become the picture of health within a mere moment.”

“It sounds like a tall tale master.”

“Ah but it is real for I once attempted to acquire the elixir myself. In my younger days I ventured to this temple and I attempted to gain my prize. However, it was not as simple as I had anticipated, there are three great masters with superhuman abilities that guard the elixir. A man must defeat all three of them in unarmed combat in order for them to give you want you desire. My skill was enough for me to defeat the first master but the second proved to be too powerful for me. The third is even more powerful than the others and I was at my peak. Upon my defeat I knew that I would never be able to defeat them. But you, you are more powerful than I was in my prime. You might just have the means to defeat them and save your sister.”

“Where is this temple master, please tell me.” Huan’s voice sounded desperate as he knew that this was the best chance that he had of saving a life so close to himself.

“It is only seen by those who know that it is there.” Weakly he pointed toward a drawer set a short distance from the bed. “In the top draw there is a map that I used in order to find the temple. It will lead you there mark my words.” He watched as Huan quickly got up and went to the drawers, he opened the top drawer and discovered the map in question amongst some of his master’s other belongings.

“Thank you master, I promise that once I have saved my sister I will give you the rest so that you may live.”

“My dear pupil my time is up. There are a great many things that can be healed but time is not one of them. I have had a long and happy life and I am more than prepared to meet my ancestors. I have been able to watch you grow from a wayward boy to a strong and respected man. You have made me proud my boy now go, go and save your sister. I will not be going anywhere.”

Huan wanted to say how much he appreciated what his master had done. However, he knew that it was not their way and he simply bowed to him and quickly moved out of the room. He looked at the map again and he could see it pointing in the direction from the village to the temple that was some distance to the north.

Without much hesitation Huan took one of the farm horses and quickly made his way north. He packed enough food for himself and the horse for the journey. He left anything that he didn’t find essential behind and quickly he journeyed north.

It took three days for Huan to reach a valley that was where the temple was supposed to be located. His hopes seemed to dash as he couldn’t see any evidence of a temple, he began to think that his old master had pulled some kind of cruel trick on him but as he entered the valley itself he noticed the map had begun to glow. This caused him to open it and as soon as he did he noticed a light in the valley. It was so bright that it almost blinded him but when it subsided he could see a large temple that was completely made out of jade. It shone in the sun and he knew that his journey had more or less come to an end.

Huan wasted no time in entering the temple and he discovered that the interior was stone much like he would see in any normal temple. However, he was confronted a young man who turned out the be the first master that he would face. They soon found themselves fighting one another and Huan was surprised by his skill, he had not faced an opponent who was this skilled since his sparring sessions with his master.

He soon learned that the First Master had the ability to create duplicates of himself. It started off as a few but as the fight went on he created more and more copies. Huan did what he could but the numbers began to overwhelm him. However, he discovered the weakness in the fighter as he learned that he only needed to knock out the original in order to make the copies disappear. After much observation he was able to pick up the original fighter and with a strong series of punches and kicks he was able to knock him out. This caused the duplicates to disappear and a door opened in order to allow him to pass.

This led Huan to the second master who was a brutish who looked to be able to knock out a man with one punch. Their fight was intense as Huan learned that the Second Master had the ability to manipulate the earth around him. Using this he was able to launch boulders at Huan who was only just able to get out of the way. The Second Master’s abilities made it hard for Huan to get close to him but he began to see a pattern in his attacks. Using his superior skill, he was able to get by the Second Master’s rock base defences and knock him out. Another door opened and Huan quickly moved through it. His shirt had been torn during the fight so he removed it as he knew that it would only get in his way.

After going through an opening Huan found himself in a room that was larger than the others. It had a high ceiling and was almost featureless beside a jade door that was on the other side of the room. Standing between him and the jade door was a young woman who stood there with her hands on her hips. She was a short woman with short black hair and brown eyes. Her outfit led him to see that she too was a fighter and she looked at him, a small smile appeared on her face.

“Well this is unusual,” said the Woman. “It has been many, many years since anyone has gotten this far. I must applaud you. Before you ask, yes the elixir is through that door behind me.” She pointed to the jade door with her thumb. Her eyes were on him the entire time. “As you can see it has been here all this time. I think you know what that means.”

“That no one has defeated you in that time.” He could see that the woman wasn’t very intimidating and even a little weak. However, if he had learned anything it was not to judge someone on their appearance alone.

“So, you’re a clever one as well.” She gave a sigh. “Ok, let’s get this over with. All I ask is that you make this somewhat entertaining for me. It’s been a good long while since I’ve been able to have a decent challenge.” She chuckled to herself. “Actually, tell me your name before we fight, I like to know the names of whoever I’m fighting.”

“My name is Huan Ling and I will defeat you.” He stood firm as he was ready to fight. Although he was fatigued from the other battles he knew that he couldn’t give up now.

“Confident to the end I see. I am Yasha the Third Master.” She then moved into a fighting stance just as Huan did as well. “May you fight well.”
Attached Images
File Type: png lee1.png (504.9 KB, 295 views)

Last edited by a0040pc; 02-20-2018 at 05:47 PM.