free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - The Mysterious Ms. Stevenson (Returns?)
View Single Post
Unread 12-27-2014   #1
Alchemical Night
Watcher

Lightbulb The Mysterious Ms. Stevenson (Returns?)

Hi there,

Though it's been a while since my last post, I would hope that my peers are having a nice seasonal holiday wherever they might be .

Now, regarding this subject, I would gently entreat those familiar with my interests not to reach for the torches and pitchforks just yet, as I am just a messenger in this case - and of something potentially quite interesting too .

Recently, I was browsing a TG fiction site by the name of "The Big Closet" - well known and quite active - but it was during this visit that I noticed a ostensibly new author by the name of Jodie Anderson had penned a story in the classic vein of Jekyll and Hyde.

This story, currently in multiple parts and four collected chapters, is titled "The Mysterious Ms. Stevenson" ; a more contemporary revision of J & H with a gender twist when a student, his professor missing, finds a mysterious lover, Ms. Stevenson, and a potion which transforms him into a female - these transformations cumulatively baring out a alter-ego who is even more transfixed by Ms. Stevenson than he is.

The element of mystery comes from the fact that there was once, around 2008, a story by the same name but different author. Of course, this could be the same author returning after a while, though I am unsure; my research on this topic pretty bare as my curiosity uncovered little of significance. Still, if it is, then it's good to see and a curiosity well sated as I've often mused as to what happened to this story, when I encountered word of it.

The author, Jodie Anderson, can be found here on that site http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/author-0 and part one is here http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/fictio...evenson-part-1 .

I hope this proves interesting for some, as it would be intriguing - not to mention rare - to see an author and work return after such a long spell of retirement .

Thanks,

Alchemical Night.
Alchemical Night is offline   Reply With Quote