The Process Forum - View Single Post - mind control, bimbo transformation
View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2016   #2851
Muhznit
The Magical Mammary Man

Re: mind control, bimbo transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekud View Post
Hey Muhznit, did you happen to play the short game I made a couple weeks ago?
http://tfgamessite.com/?module=viewgame&id=954

I've been pondering the issues of TF game design for a while, now. In fact, I've been meaning to write a dA journal about all the issues you mention: mainly how most games have players actively avoiding the transformation content they're here to see, or striving to lose in as many ways possible.

Check out Bimbo Sequencer 1.0 above, or the GROW games that inspired it: http://www.eyezmaze.com/eyezblog_en/...nano_vol3.html

I feel it's a mechanic that "fits" TF games like a glove. You're trying to optimize for the "perfect" bimbo (or catgirl, or succubus, or whatever) but there's an element of experimentation and problem solving which makes the process very engaging. Unlocking a new "tier" is super rewarding and even failure doesn't feel bad because it's part of figuring things out and still results in some content. You can actually make surprisingly complex games by increasing the sequence length. Honestly, it's such a perfect, obvious match that I'm surprised it hasn't been done before.

Obviously, the art assets required are substantial, but that's true of any good TF game. The only other drawback I can think of is the relatively low replay value. At the end of the day, though, it's intended to be fap material. I'd say keeping the player engaged for 15-30 minutes is more than enough.
Well to paraphrase what I said on the 4chan thread, it's cute. It was entertaining until I started forgetting which combos I already tried and started running into sequences that lead to the same result. Eventually I got bored, straight up cheated, and peeked at the source code (doing this in a compiled language would put a stop to that fairly easily). Of course, that was rather pointless since I wound up finding the sequence [Mind, Clothes, Makeup, Libido, Body] much more appealing than the actual goal state. The fact that I didn't like the goal state is not a problem with your game, just a side effect of the subjective nature of TF fetishes.

It's probably more fitting as a mechanic in a larger scale game. Perhaps a dating sim where you need to meet girls at specific times/places in addition to getting the sequence you desire or something.

I love 'em.
Muhznit is offline   Reply With Quote