The Process Forum - View Single Post - Female Werewolf needles in a haystack
View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2017   #679
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsfox View Post
Sometimes the best stories are the simplistic ones. As for gender-switching roles....
As long as a lot of thought and care is present it can be passable or great.
Switching the gender of a character role in the story of a remake doesn't make it new or fresh. It can be an interesting idea, not a twist per-say but an interesting one none the less.
As for the AWIL remake, I would like to see a woman in the lead role. Making her the one bitten by and becoming a werewolf. In terms of story, you don't need to be complicated. Just be competent with writing and directing. I will hold judgement until a trailer is released.
As for movie effects......
CGI is the most likely out come. A transformation scene with nudity would be nice, but movie ratings may keep that from happening. Pray for a R rating or an unrated version on DVD.
We will most likely get a PG-13 rating.
I fear you may be right about the “PG-13” rating to ensure a larger audience than an “R” rating (and, hence, more money for the studio; this was one of the problems with “Cursed”), in which case we can forget about nudity, but I still have hopes for at least some practical effects. Here’s my theory as to why: It’s well known that Landis is a self-described “nerd” who’s on the Internet a whole lot. It’s also well known that if you read most of the online comments about his father’s original classic, which I’m sure he has, you learn that one of the reasons 99% of the die-hard fans of “AWIL” love it is because of the old-school, practical effects used in the film and, specifically, in the iconic TF scene. Again, even from a non-fetish standpoint, they love the realism and horror of that scene, so it makes sense that he would try to replicate the success of that, except with the twist that it’s now a woman. (Otherwise, why remake it?)
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote