free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Swrealm.
Thread: Swrealm.
View Single Post
Unread 12-30-2017   #15
ckent45
Lurker

Re: Swrealm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Sai View Post
Is it time for someone else to give forum-ing a go?
I know there's been some talk of that, even before SWrealm went down (again).

The question is how much expertise and money is needed for it? As I recall, the owner of SWrealm was paying a fee to put the forum up, and then tapatalk came in and immediately started dumping in ads and pitches for "premium" service. Since there was no warning whatsoever that that change was coming to begin with, I'm guessing they are running tiers in their forums. I.e., Want a forum? Pay us this low fee! Want it ad free? Pay us just a little more! Want our spam emails to stop for a month? Pay us just a little bit more!

From what I've seen of other free forum options out there, they are doing similar things as well. I see that Giantess City is still running Phpbb, so I know it can still be done if anyone wanted to go back to the way things were, but there are other hurdles to overcome as well.

For instance, the SWrealm leadership seems to have gone AWOL just like Minimizer's did once upon a time. I was trying to contribute at one time at SWrealm, and might do just that once again, if a new home was started, but right now the biggest hurdle is how does it get done?
ckent45 is offline   Reply With Quote