The Process Forum - View Single Post - Female Werewolf needles in a haystack
View Single Post
Unread 03-29-2019   #1280
Voral
Lurker

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
Preach. I’ve been “in the game” awhile now, and I can’t tell you how many times an independent werewolf movie claimed they ran out of time and/or money for the transformation scene. IMO, if you couldn’t properly film at least a semi-decent TF scene in your werewolf movie, then you probably shouldn’t have bothered to make a werewolf movie.
I believe also that the talent and will to take the time to learn practical effects makeup is a lost art. A lot of people will find it too time consuming to sit down and sculpt out busts and props for 8-10 hours when instead it just takes a couple of mouse clicks and a few hours time to do everything CGI.

I've always loved Werewolf and monster movies since I was a kid. My parents back when I was around 5 years old used to have night jobs cleaning movie theaters and they would take me because they couldn't afford a sitter. I got to watch all the classic horror movies in the theater where there was no CGI, all practical effects. Looking back, if I could choose to restart life, I might have gone down the Rick Baker career line. But alas...I suck at drawing and have no patience lol.
Voral is online now   Reply With Quote