free hit counters
[video] Wasp TF, Snake TF - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-06-2015   #1
geneticks
Browser

[video] Wasp TF, Snake TF

(Posted on 7chan by "TF-Video. faisalboss")

Woman to wasp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_FiUuDqKFM

Woman to Snake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlpOMZwTfkg
geneticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2015   #2
GRZEHOPL
Process Fan

Re: [video] Wasp TF, Snake TF

If you want to see how she is transform "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IelBX-5_aQ" 24:55.
GRZEHOPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2015   #3
mechaghost2003
Process Fan

first one is not a transformation that is a burst. not cool

the second is a good find
Unread 07-06-2015   #4
GenYun
Ye Olde 3D Artiste

Video no longer available.
GenYun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2015   #5
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaghost2003 View Post
first one is not a transformation that is a burst. not cool

the second is a good find
Hard to say on the first one really. Bursting transformations aren't unheard of. So the idea is either;

1. A person stung by a small wasp bursts open when a larger wasp grows inside them rapidly.

or

2. A person stung by a wasp transforms into a giant wasp by bursting out of their human form.

A wasp's stinger contains venom that mutates the victim from the inside out into a larger version of itself maybe. I think the second idea is better, for well obvious reasons, but also simply because of the larger size of the wasp that hatches from inside the person. If these mutant wasps were just laying eggs inside their victims, then the wasps that hatched would be the same size as the originals. It seems pretty clear that the body of the victim is being converted into the body of a new wasp, hence a transformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYun View Post
Video no longer available.

Both still work for me.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2015   #6
GenYun
Ye Olde 3D Artiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post

Both still work for me.

I meant the one in GRZEHOPL's comment.
GenYun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2015   #7
Shadow_Dragon
Evil Dragon oooh...

Quote:
Hard to say on the first one really. Bursting transformations aren't unheard of. So the idea is either;

1. A person stung by a small wasp bursts open when a larger wasp grows inside them rapidly.

or

2. A person stung by a wasp transforms into a giant wasp by bursting out of their human form.

A wasp's stinger contains venom that mutates the victim from the inside out into a larger version of itself maybe. I think the second idea is better, for well obvious reasons, but also simply because of the larger size of the wasp that hatches from inside the person. If these mutant wasps were just laying eggs inside their victims, then the wasps that hatched would be the same size as the originals. It seems pretty clear that the body of the victim is being converted into the body of a new wasp, hence a transformation.

Both still work for me.
Your second notion is correct. The first tf you see that the woman almost gets stung in the eye but she manages to smack it on her forehead before doing so I think it is safe to assume she instead got stung on her forehead. The second tf in the movie is more obvious because she tf's into a wasp queen which makes sense because she is the mother of the "to-be-wed" which is the plot of this movie, a soon to be newly wed. Also

SPOILER ALERT:

Later in the movie, the son of the mother (wasp queen at this point) gets infected in a sort of puppet form (think total recall), and captures one of the main protagonist, the wasp queen is also present at that point and he constantly refers to the wasp queen as "mother".

Changing Times Podcast
Shadow_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2015   #8
Peanutt_Buta
TF Artist/Writer

After watching it again and again, I think the wasp transformation is too independent of the victim and the result. In my opinion, the tiny wasp is the facehugger and the result is the xenomorph, rapidly converting the source. So, this is no more a transformation than what we see in the alien series in my personal opinion.

Maybe the queen is different?
Unread 07-06-2015   #9
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutt_Buta View Post
After watching it again and again, I think the wasp transformation is too independent of the victim and the result. In my opinion, the tiny wasp is the facehugger and the result is the xenomorph, rapidly converting the source. So, this is no more a transformation than what we see in the alien series in my personal opinion.

Maybe the queen is different?
They don't seem to be that similar. The chest burster was a tiny thing, smaller than the facehugger itself, and scores smaller than the host.

There's another transformation scene here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-EfWXHg48s that indeed makes it look more like a transformation. Notice the arm, there's no need for the insect arm to form inside the human arm unless the human bones are being converted into insect exoskeleton. We see necklaces around the wasp necks as well. If the wasp was just growing in there and exploding outward, there's no reason for arms and heads to form in the proper place. The whole wasp could have burst from the stomach of the victim, but instead we see the organs and bones and everything below the skin level has been changed. Faces fall away like empty masks, with no skull or bone within. It may be a gorey transformation, but it's still a transformation as far as I can see.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2015   #10
Xanderfox
Process Master

Quote:
They don't seem to be that similar. The chest burster was a tiny thing, smaller than the facehugger itself, and scores smaller than the host.

There's another transformation scene here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-EfWXHg48s that indeed makes it look more like a transformation. Notice the arm, there's no need for the insect arm to form inside the human arm unless the human bones are being converted into insect exoskeleton. We see necklaces around the wasp necks as well. If the wasp was just growing in there and exploding outward, there's no reason for arms and heads to form in the proper place. The whole wasp could have burst from the stomach of the victim, but instead we see the organs and bones and everything below the skin level has been changed. Faces fall away like empty masks, with no skull or bone within. It may be a gorey transformation, but it's still a transformation as far as I can see.
After watching the clips I have to strongly disagree with you. For one, the remains of the organs, it's clear to me by the gore factor the organs and other bits of the victim's insides have NOT changed. Your whole conclusion hinges on this one point, though most important is the BRAIN. We do no see clearly if the brain is among the gorse, but I have to assume it's been pummeled to goop. Destroyed brain (not just injured) means the victim was killed not transformed

Last edited by Xanderfox; 07-06-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2015   #11
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

You mention the necklace, but in the effects shot where the wasp turns around the necklace is binding two of the wings, not the wasp's head. As far as the kid who refers to the wasp as "mother" he would be the idiot who has completely lost his sanity because of the situation. It's a fairly common trope in monster movies.

I'm voting this as clear-cut gore without TF. I would have adored effects of this level on a legit TF movie, but it just ain't so.

On a side note man, I'd known about that 1001 nights clip for years, but I'd never seen it before now. I'd been missing out.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2015   #12
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

I swear, this whole semantics debate is just asinine at this point. If it's not your cup of tea, move along, and let the thread die. If it is, watch the video and be happy. All this back and forth over what fourth level of technicality we're using to define these clips is silly.
Thrillerboy is offline   Reply With Quote