free hit counters
Mako's Collection: When Two Worlds Collide (Offsite) - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-19-2012   #12
Goldendawn
3D Comic Beginner

Re: Mako's Collection: When Two Worlds Collide

Okay firstly I understand, however, I also have spoken to a huge amount of artists who do this because they want to - and ignore demanding comments (which means you can ignore me as you see fit :P)

Look I am not telling you I don't like the idea of a video - what I am saying is change the style so that it is either a video, or leave a comic to comic format.

Hell why don't you offer the comics up as a donation purchase? I would buy it!

If you are going to keep with video - the remove the text bubbles. Instead replace the text with voice acting - I am sure you will get many people dying to offer some voice acting for you for free (hell I would do it also!)

Also expand your shots, sorry but you know better than I do about video editing, but your last video had no feel to it. There was too many close ups and not enough of the scene as a whole. So I didn't feel that the panels were really interconnected. But I do believe this is because I am frustratred over the text more than anything.

Big thing for me is when I read a comic, I look at the scene in a glance for contexts, then read the text, then look at the art again to look over the scene.

Your videos of your comics means you do not get that apprication for the scene, instead you are thrown into the detail, then get text, and then you have to remember the detail or go backwards in the video to look over it again.

Might just be me - but I am trying to give contructive comments about the way I feel about them.

I believe in all my heart you can do better - or even you can donation fund your comics also. I know I would be a buyer.

Hugs.

GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Understood. Thanks for the feedback, Goldendawn. Your concern isn't the first nor I am sure will it be the last that I've heard about my comic videos.

From my POV - if I was asking people to pay for my comics - then I could completely understand the frustration. I feel I would make any of the comics available in the formats or execution that seems appropriate to those who pay for them. But I don't feel an obligation to do that when I offer them for free.

All to often I've spoken with artists who have quit making material because of the pressures they take on from requests or even "demands" of the community. I've fallen into that trap once in a while and wanted to stop - because I wasn't enjoying it anymore. It became more about the heavy weight of trying to resolve everyone's issues rather than pleasing myself first and foremost.

With that in mind - I want to thank you for your time and input. I appreciate the level of respect you have - even if the execution isn't quite your cup of tea. As you are aware of my concerns over the matter, I don't really see that changing any time soon. I will eventually release my comics in a comic form - but when I feel I am ready to do so.

Cheers

- Mako -