free hit counters
Assorted Clips! - Page 3 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-20-2012   #25
Evo
Meister

Re: Assorted Clips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker#12763412 View Post
So... exactly 2 years later and all of these are dead....

Anyone happen to back them up?
I might have a few on my other system, I'll check.
Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012   #26
sencho
Lurker d'jur

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformative View Post
excuse my french (I don't curse all that often)but, FUCK YOU SOPA D:<
Except this wasn't SOPA (and PIPA in the Senate), it was simply the existing overly-powerful tools of the US Federal Gubment. SOPA would just be another set of tools in the box to shut down sites - and why it needs constant opposition.
sencho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012   #27
edinjapan
Akibakei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCapricorn View Post
They're all dead because Megaupload was shut down.
The only reason they were able to shut Megaupload down was due to them having an active server in Virginia. The lesson here is don't use a server based in the US.
Unread 01-20-2012   #28
jan110
Process Fan

That's bad.......
It's really a huge attack on freedom of internet........
jan110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012   #29
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan110 View Post
That's bad.......
It's really a huge attack on freedom of internet........
It's bad because a lot of our clips are gone now. But I don't think I'd call it an attack on freedom. It really seems like it was an attack on pirating. I know a lot our stuff went through that site, but so did a lot of stuff that shouldn't have. And honestly there's a dozen alternative sites to use, so blah.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012   #30
Avenger2099
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by edinjapan View Post
The only reason they were able to shut Megaupload down was due to them having an active server in Virginia. The lesson here is don't use a server based in the US.
Ehhh, that's not the entire reason. The Megaupload guys were extredited legally under NZ, AUS, and US treaties. Also NZ and AUS are members of this... thing can't remember the name now. Anyways, it's this accord... thingy that allows breakers of copyright to be tried by the nation of the copyright holder. So... put some Kanye West music on your website illegally for download, be tried under US law.

This is not why we should hate SOPA, this is what happens to pirates. No one here can really believe that Megaupload wasn't a huuuuge site full of illegal music, movies, games, and more. We should hate SOPA because it could do things like get this website pulled down without trial for having a link to megaupload.
Unread 01-21-2012   #31
edinjapan
Akibakei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger2099 View Post
Ehhh, that's not the entire reason. The Megaupload guys were extredited legally under NZ, AUS, and US treaties. Also NZ and AUS are members of this... thing can't remember the name now. Anyways, it's this accord... thingy that allows breakers of copyright to be tried by the nation of the copyright holder. So... put some Kanye West music on your website illegally for download, be tried under US law.

This is not why we should hate SOPA, this is what happens to pirates. No one here can really believe that Megaupload wasn't a huuuuge site full of illegal music, movies, games, and more. We should hate SOPA because it could do things like get this website pulled down without trial for having a link to megaupload.
According to the DMCA a website can be pulled down as soon as there is any illegal activity associated with it for which the owners are arrested. So the authorities acted according to the rules as they are.

In SOPA's case the rules will allow the US to strongarm other countries into policing websites in their countries according to US rules. This is bad?downloading is legal in Japan, uploading without permission of the copyright holder is illegal and fair use laws are currently very lax.

As soon as SOPA is passed I expect the US Ambassador will tell the PM to enforce it or they will withdraw the US military from Japan or put an embargo on Japanese products entering the US.
Unread 01-21-2012   #32
Shadowsbane99
Frequent Poster

Except SOPA didn't pass, and PIPA is delayed.

Sorry for the scare.

As for Megaupload, there was a LOT of shady things going on with that website, trust me, from a legal standpoint it should have been shut down a long time ago. And it had nothing to do with what was uploaded by users.

From what I hear, they had illegal advertising going on.
Shadowsbane99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012   #33
Evo
Meister

It looks like I have the original rar files for the following:

Armstrong and Miller Show s2e01 [m2fb]
Bachelor Party 1984 [m2f/f2f HS]
One Piece Episode 439 Clip/Edit [m2f]
The Sunday Night Christmas Project 2008 [MG/m2fb]
Venture Bros s4e07 TG scene [m2f, m voice]
Warner VB Commercial
Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger2099 View Post
Ehhh, that's not the entire reason. The Megaupload guys were extredited legally under NZ, AUS, and US treaties. Also NZ and AUS are members of this... thing can't remember the name now. Anyways, it's this accord... thingy that allows breakers of copyright to be tried by the nation of the copyright holder.
The reason why this can happen is because the U.S. always ties U.S. copyright laws into all of their trade agreements. If you're a small country like NZ or Aus, you have to give in to U.S. copyright laws taking precedence over your own sovereign laws if you want to trade with the largest economy in the world. Recently, a citizen of the U.K. was extradited to the U.S. for copyright violation despite the fact that what he had done was completely legal in the U.K. Could you imagine the stink that would be kicked up if a U.S. citizen was extradited to some foreign country for trial when what they did was perfectly legal in the U.S.? It just wouldn't happen, yet this is what is imposed on anyone who wants to trade with the U.S. If NZ, Aus & U.K. had the guts to stand up to the lobbyists in the U.S. and threaten to take their trade to China instead, then maybe all the politicians would suddenly find the motivation to end this ridiculous situation.
alter is offline   Reply With Quote