free hit counters
Test-0 Draws Stuff and Posts it Thread (Quickie Sketches 2) - Page 16 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-08-2009   #181
LOD
Tieing a Knot Or two

Re: Test-0 Draws Stuff and Posts it Thread (Quickie Sketches 2)

HEy We have the same taste in candy

Claire's Project
LOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2009   #182
PyroWildcat
Perverted Skeleton

I was talking about this kinda thing in another thread: I'm normally not that big on SW, but when someone like you come in with a pic like this, I tend to ignore that little detail.

You pulled this one off very well, test; I especially like the softer lines you used for her hair.
PyroWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009   #183
Test-0
*ching* *ching*

Well now... time for the unfortunate truth. ^^;

I've been holding of saying anything about this for a very long time now, but now that I'm less then 12 hours away from what could possibly be a solution I feel now is the time to tell people.

A little under a year ago I discovered a lump on the top of my right hand. While not at all painful or the least bit obvious, the moment I noticed it things started to go downhill. Now before you get worried, as far as I know it's nothing serious at all. Though it took at at least four months after I first discovered it to find this out myself, I wasn't all that worried about it. However it did have it's toll.

As you might have noticed this past year with me hasn't been going so well at all. A lot of failed attempts at drawing things for people, games that were held off for long periods of time and so on. While other factors in my life were also a major cause for this the mass on my hand was always the main thing on my mind whenever I tried to draw. Even after learning for sure it was harmless and could be treated/removed it was still there, looking at me all creepy like. Well, not looking, it doesn't have eyes. That I know of. But I do in fact have eyes and they work very well thank you. Which also meant every time I would try to draw something, my attention would be driven toward my hand. This didn't exactly help out. ^^;

Now for some good news. Sometime 'tomorrow' (it's 5am here so really it's later on today, but whatever) I will be going to a doctor that, as far as I've been told, will be able to treat or remove the lump. I've actually had this appointment for several months now, but I decided it was better not to say anything until it felt like the right time. Well that time didn't come up and I've been holding it off ever since. That is until now. Well, not now, previously in time as you should already have read up to this point.

So what this means, in this order:

- If I get minor surgery to have it removed, then I will be unable to draw or use my right hand for stuff for at least two weeks, maybe more.

- If I get it treated instead (no surgery, some more minor method of getting rid of it) then my hand will need to take it easy for about a week.

- If I get there and the doctor doesn't do anything and instead just tests it or something like that, which is contrary to what I've already been told, then I'll continue to have a lumpy hand for a while longer.

...and there we go. I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner, but I really didn't feel it was necessary until I thought I was already at the end of the line. I'll be sure to report back after the appointment so I don't leave people hanging.
Unread 10-13-2009   #184
Ran
Unstealthy Lurker

Wow, the whole lump thing sucks. Cool that there's something that they can do about it.
I've got something like that, but it's on the back of my head. Doesn't bug me unless I'm lying on a flat surface. I've not had it looked at though.

Wish you luck.
Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009   #185
SoylentOrange
Process Disciple

Eeeesh. D:

Go for the surgery, man, get it the hell out of you, even if it takes a month or two of being unable to use your hand. You've only got one right hand and it's gotta last you the rest of your life.
SoylentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009   #186
Silver Spoon
Mostly gone

I hope you get it treated and feel better, test-0. My request can wait.
Silver Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009   #187
Test-0
*ching* *ching*

Good news! They removed my hands and I no longer have to work another day in my life.

Actually the guy just looked at it, went "Yeah, that's easy to fix." and gave me an appointment on the 20th to get the thing removed. Not only that but it'll be a very simple easy procedure and recovery time will be likely less then a week.

The bad news is I'll have to work tomorrow.
Unread 10-13-2009   #188
Headshot
Process Fan

sounds like a ganglion cyst. I have one, have had it for years. If you get it removed there is a likely chance it will come back.
Headshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009   #189
Test-0
*ching* *ching*

Yeah, that's what he said was likely as well. He'll be taking a needle to it instead of full out removal of it (slice and dice!), which is a much better solution to removing it only to have it come back again. I just can't wait until it gets fixed, it's been bugging me for far too long. ^^;
Unread 10-13-2009   #190
Headshot
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test-0 View Post
Yeah, that's what he said was likely as well. He'll be taking a needle to it instead of full out removal of it (slice and dice!), which is a much better solution to removing it only to have it come back again. I just can't wait until it gets fixed, it's been bugging me for far too long. ^^;
I've had it 'aspirated' once, which would be using the needle. The cyst has a high chance of coming back. after like the 3rd time the chances of it coming back are almost 0.
Headshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009   #191
Styerion
Happiness in detachment

Waiting a week or so for more Test content is nothing compared to the health of the artist itself.

Don't break that beautiful hand of yours, you hear?
Styerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2009   #192
cyero
Sir Psycho Sexy

Not like we don't wait long enough anyway.

Here's hoping it all works out, Test.
cyero is offline   Reply With Quote