free hit counters
Bitten: The Series - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-15-2014   #13
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Re: Bitten: The Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
That version is edited too. In the Canadian scene you see her drop to her knees, in the clip on the site they cut away about 2 seconds earlier. Man the US just really is afraid of any kind of on air nudity even an ass shot for 4 fucking seconds is too much. That's so damn disappointing.
Yeah, fortunately I managed to get the canadian version... WTF they are trying to do? There is not even "full frontal fun" at all, so a single butt shouldn't be a problem... I mean, even in animation movies for kids you can see people's butts (well, just MALE butts, to clarify) and no one considers that an scandal. And now they chop down seconds of an adults show, broacasted in adults hour. This is borderline to ridiculousness. No, this is plain ridiculous.
Btw, as I said before, the first scene is cut in both canadian and american... so remember when she fell on her knees in the trailer. Lame.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014   #14
trc071880
Frequent Poster

well while i do believe it is beyond absurd editing out litttle bits of nudity..it just not a big deal for me..besides there bound to have a unedited version on blu ray or dvd or u can always just find the canadian version
trc071880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014   #15
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
As much as the process was good, I don't think the weight of the story will keep anyone interested and it probably won't last but one season. Unless they tune in just to see Supergirl's stunt double's butt, which is the second category I fall into.
Not a fan of the book version? A lot of people would disagree about the story.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014   #16
Cactus Jack
Fan of the Art of Process

Haven't read the books, but I'll tell you what, it's probably because I've been on this forum so long that this story seems passe, to the layman it's probably all new and interesting.
Unread 01-15-2014   #17
Skalla-Grimm
Grrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Haven't read the books, but I'll tell you what, it's probably because I've been on this forum so long that this story seems passe, to the layman it's probably all new and interesting.
As already noted, the first novel Bitten came out over twelve years ago and predates the big waif-with-a-tramp-stamp-and maybe-a-weapon?-on-the-cover urban fantasy trend. Indeed, the original hardcover was sold as straight fiction; check out the cover below if you don't believe me. IIRC that also makes it older than this incarnation of the board.

The character Elena is rattling around the the back of my head when I do my work, and I doubt I'm alone. And I'm defending the books because I really like the character Elena (although Angua is still my favorite literary werewolf)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bitten_cover.jpg (16.2 KB, 221 views)

Now on DeviantArt
Skalla-Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014   #18
CK01
Process Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
Not a fan of the book version? A lot of people would disagree about the story.
My biggest complaint about the book is the fact it resolves the conflict between her desire for a human life and the pack, which is understandable as it was written as a standalone story before the author expanded it out when it proved so popular.

That's my one hope series, that Dexter style they'll use the basic concept and expand/drag it out, that and it stays pure werewolf rather than going paranormal kitchen sink.

Last edited by CK01; 01-16-2014 at 03:20 AM. Reason: spelling suck
CK01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014   #19
make_her_grow
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursebearer View Post
Werewolves who transform into real wolves are the most traditional and true werewolves. The sort of thing you're talking about is an invention of Hollywood, not of myth. And where do you get that these are Twilight werewolves? Are you even familiar with what makes a werewolf in Twilight, or are you just trying to insult Bitten because it doesn't align to your tastes? Not only do these werewolves not resemble the werewolves in Twilight- which morph nearly instantly into gigantic monstrous wolves as opposed to Bitten which features werewolves that become actual non-fantasy wolves- the book this is based on came a solid four years before Twilight.
I get what he's saying. Personally I also prefer the werewolves that are more or less actual hybrids of wolf/mankind. In other words the ones that stand on two feet and are more monster-y. Yes they may be Hollywood creations but to me those are the real monsters. Those actual wolf things to me are just that, wolves. Nothing really monster about them.

Also: I don't know why everyone's so shocked about the censorship. The U.S is FAMOUS almost to the point of infamy for censoring because they don't want poor little innocent boys or girls watching this stuff to try and imitate or be traumatized by it. The only way they MAY get away with showing nude is outright giving this show an MA righting and putting it on HBO Game of Thrones style. But since that would limit viewership, they decided to go scifi so more people can watch. The censorship is their compromise on this.
make_her_grow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014   #20
hexen
Amateur writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalla-Grimm View Post
And I'm defending the books because I really like the character Elena (although Angua is still my favorite literary werewolf)
Wait, there is a female werewolf in Terry Pratchett's works? Man I have to read those now...

And may the TF fairy find you and make you rawr!!
hexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014   #21
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Well, while on the subject of the books. I found an audio version of the first on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FlKkL5Ze1Y It's read really well, and by a woman with a nice sounding voice. Hearing her describe the transformations and build up to them in first person might be something some people here will enjoy. Though I can't say much about the images they decided to put along with the audio, simple enough to minimize the window and just listen though.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014   #22
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexen View Post
Wait, there is a female werewolf in Terry Pratchett's works? Man I have to read those now...
Yep... she appears in all "night guard" series in Discworld books, and she also makes some cameos in other books. Sadly, the descriptions of her transformations don't go further than describing briefly feelings of embarrassment and so on. Anyway, I strongly recommend you all the Discworld books... your best time with books ever .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014   #23
Kantomaster1111
Frequent Poster

I didn't realize this (as I thought it was a one-time thing), but it appears as though the new episodes will be airing in Canada every Saturday before Syfy's Monday slot. Once again, you should be able to see the episode at least an hour after it finishes on Space.
Kantomaster1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014   #24
Shadow_Dragon
Evil Dragon oooh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantomaster1111 View Post
I didn't realize this (as I thought it was a one-time thing), but it appears as though the new episodes will be airing in Canada every Saturday before Syfy's Monday slot. Once again, you should be able to see the episode at least an hour after it finishes on Space.
Didnt know they had shows in space

Changing Times Podcast
Shadow_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female werewolf, series