free hit counters
Bitten: The Series - Page 5 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-19-2014   #49
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Re: Bitten: The Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
I know, right?

I can only think it's an issue with some people just not realizing how lucky they are that this show is even a thing. If someone had told me 8 years ago that this show was being pitched I'd have told them it wouldn't get off the ground and I'd have been right at the time. A show about an attractive woman repeatedly getting naked and turning into an animal; that is not something we get to see very often. But it's not enough for some of these guys. They truly do not know how lucky they are to get even this much.
Believe it or not, people are allowed to critique things if they see fit. Just because it's the only thing out there doesn't mean we should just sit around and just be happy with whatever. That's fucking stupid. There is certainly room for improvement from what we've seen, and people are well within their rights to voice that opinion. Some of those opinions are indeed unrealistic and unfair judgments, but I've read other points made here that are more than fair. I prefer to watch something worth a damn, rather than putting up with whatever crap could potentially get thrown out there, just because it's ”better than nothing”.
Thrillerboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014   #50
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillerboy View Post
Believe it or not, people are allowed to critique things if they see fit. Just because it's the only thing out there doesn't mean we should just sit around and just be happy with whatever. That's fucking stupid. There is certainly room for improvement from what we've seen, and people are well within their rights to voice that opinion. Some of those opinions are indeed unrealistic and unfair judgments, but I've read other points made here that are more than fair. I prefer to watch something worth a damn, rather than putting up with whatever crap could potentially get thrown out there, just because it's ”better than nothing”.
That's well and good, but you can't change the way it is by complaining. So you really do just have to accept it as is. I never said you couldn't voice your opinion, but all people have been doing is sound like entitled brats in those complaints. It's 2 episodes in, and we've already gotten more than we've had in years, but it's somehow not enough? Give me a break. Also, it's not as if my opinion of someone else's opinion is somehow not allowed to be voiced either. You might as well have said nothing to me about it in the first place, you wasted both our times.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014   #51
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
That's well and good, but you can't change the way it is by complaining. So you really do just have to accept it as is. I never said you couldn't voice your opinion, but all people have been doing is sound like entitled brats in those complaints. It's 2 episodes in, and we've already gotten more than we've had in years, but it's somehow not enough? Give me a break. Also, it's not as if my opinion of someone else's opinion is somehow not allowed to be voiced either. You might as well have said nothing to me about it in the first place, you wasted both our times.
You're talking out of both sides of your mouth at this point. You and that other guy just crapped over everyone who had a negative opinion about the series, and you continue to do so in this post, so don't act like I'm putting words in your mouth. No, you don't have to accept it for what it is. There is certainly more to be seen with where they take this show, but this past episode was not a positive sign of things to come.

I'll put it this way: They already set the bar with the first episode and how they chose to show the transformations. They set up a very similar scene in the second episode, yet handled the transformations completely different. That is disappointing, even when it's only 2 episodes in, because it would seem to be indicative of how they are going to handle things going forward. Being Human US has already gone down this path. Look at Nora's initial tf, and how they've handled all subsequent transformations. Granted, the show doesn't focus specifically on werewolves, but this was during two seasons that featured SIX werewolves. Everything that followed that tf was "rawr, sharp teeth, this hurts, cut away, now I'm a wolf". That's what people fear, that we've already seen the best, minus whatever the tf from the trailer was, and everything else won't be worth watching.

Like I said in my first post on this subject: I don't care if they only show a tf once every few episodes, as long as they make them count. Honestly, there was no need whatsoever for the scene of them stripping down before they transform, nor Elena beginning the process of changing if you're not going to show anything, which they didn't (minus a 5 second paw change). The effect of the plot point would still be established by just showing them discuss the plan, cut to them snooping around as wolves, show Elena looking around the building, then cut to the following day. It was a poor choice in production, and pointing that out is making a critique of the show, not being entitled.
Unread 01-19-2014   #52
Cursebearer
The Semi-Great Slayer

Quote:
I wasn't saying that people shouldn't voice their opinions, I was saying that the opinions in general of "more more more" and "this wasn't exactly how I wanted it to be" are indicative of a crummy way of looking at things. I would argue that this is most certainly much more than "better than nothing". It's not like it's some crap that trickled down the pipeline, so far we have two TFs that went into greater detail than we might have hoped with female nudity that is as racy as it can possibly be given how it's being shown. These two TFs have been on par with the best we've seen in however many years. So yeah, I think the attitudes are a bit entitled and a bit childish. They don't need to throw themselves to the ground and worship what we have, but picking away at every little thing sure is rubbing me the wrong way given the quality of what we've seen.

Edit: "Crapped over" everyone with a negative opinion by expressing my own? You serious? It sounds like you are more offended by dissenting opinion than I am, here.

http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=23468 to request a story from me.

Last edited by Cursebearer; 01-19-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Cursebearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014   #53
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursebearer View Post
I wasn't saying that people shouldn't voice their opinions, I was saying that the opinions in general of "more more more" and "this wasn't exactly how I wanted it to be" are indicative of a crummy way of looking at things. I would argue that this is most certainly much more than "better than nothing". It's not like it's some crap that trickled down the pipeline, so far we have two TFs that went into greater detail than we might have hoped with female nudity that is as racy as it can possibly be given how it's being shown. These two TFs have been on par with the best we've seen in however many years. So yeah, I think the attitudes are a bit entitled and a bit childish. They don't need to throw themselves to the ground and worship what we have, but picking away at every little thing sure is rubbing me the wrong way given the quality of what we've seen.

Edit: "Crapped over" everyone with a negative opinion by expressing my own? You serious? It sounds like you are more offended by dissenting opinion than I am, here.
No, I was put off by the choice of words, and the dismissive nature ("entitled brats" and the like). I think it was completely uncalled for, and that's what I meant by "crapping over" other posters. The point I keep trying to make is that while the tfs in the first were fantastic, it is, and would be disappointing if they can't build on that. They failed to do so in the second episode for the reasons I listed above. That is a perfectly fair criticism to make. I suppose some here are just fine with having those two transformations (three, if you count the upcoming one that I think we're laying too high of an expectation level on) and w/e else comes out doesn't matter; however, I see so much opportunity here and I hope they don't let it get away.
Unread 01-19-2014   #54
Chiaroscuros
Process Fan

Less name calling and more discussion please. I considered doing a more detailed critique of what we've seen so far but I will hold off, partly because it's only episode 2 and partly because some here seem intent on turning this discussion into a flame war.

As for the transformations themselves, I'm impressed with the 1st ep 2nd TF. Excellent detail on hand and foot, enough to juice the imagination, along with the hurt confusion on her face as her canines develop. The initial elevator TF was too subtle IMO. The 2nd ep TFs (yeah they transform twice, lol) had way too much setup and too little payoff. I wonder if the male TFs are going to get equal billing with Elena's. I already suspect not, not sure if it's the "titillation factor" or the fact she's the main character.

This is what I consider a critique, keep it civil people.

Best,
-C
Chiaroscuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014   #55
Cactus Jack
Fan of the Art of Process

I just lost my temper when I read the words "They might as well not even..."
Unread 01-20-2014   #56
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuros View Post
Less name calling and more discussion please. I considered doing a more detailed critique of what we've seen so far but I will hold off, partly because it's only episode 2 and partly because some here seem intent on turning this discussion into a flame war.

As for the transformations themselves, I'm impressed with the 1st ep 2nd TF. Excellent detail on hand and foot, enough to juice the imagination, along with the hurt confusion on her face as her canines develop. The initial elevator TF was too subtle IMO. The 2nd ep TFs (yeah they transform twice, lol) had way too much setup and too little payoff. I wonder if the male TFs are going to get equal billing with Elena's. I already suspect not, not sure if it's the "titillation factor" or the fact she's the main character.

This is what I consider a critique, keep it civil people.

Best,
-C
I am with you man... . This is by far my favourite thread. I'd like to remark that one of the best things about the second TF on ep1 was the foot TF. It is something really very inusual, so I especially enjoy when they show something from a different point of view apart from the "face-hand-shoulder" thing.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014   #57
Altair
CatGirl in Process

Okay I've watched the first two episodes. I wouldn't usually comment them, because unlike some others, I have enough humility to think nobody would care. However I've read too many negative opinions about this to just keep mine for myself...

So yes: I love it!! <3

The plot follows the book from what I've read, so I won't say much about that. Just that despite what some may think, it is very refreshing and nice to finally see a show with female, full-animal TFs. I lost count of how many werewolf fictions were either only male, or bipedal more-or-less-furry things, or worse, both. Just be honnest, you don't see full-animal TFs as often as anthro/monster, so that's a good point, and if it's the only thing you can find to complain about this show then you should not even complain.

But on to the point, I wanted to pay tribute to the transformations so far. And this is probably the first time I say such a thing about CGI. The transformations in Bitten are one whole category higher quality than those in Being Human US or any other recent show. It's fluid, doesn't look stupid or unrealistic, and shows some decent process. Plus they are anatomically correct! I mean her feet don't just "morph", you can actually see her big toe change in a perfectly smooth and accurate way. I really wanted to point that out. This is a very good sign they paid attention to what they did regarding the transformations. And this is awesome. Can't wait to see her full transformation now... :3
Unread 01-21-2014   #58
lowes96
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair View Post
Okay I've watched the first two episodes. I wouldn't usually comment them, because unlike some others, I have enough humility to think nobody would care. However I've read too many negative opinions about this to just keep mine for myself...

So yes: I love it!! <3

The plot follows the book from what I've read, so I won't say much about that. Just that despite what some may think, it is very refreshing and nice to finally see a show with female, full-animal TFs. I lost count of how many werewolf fictions were either only male, or bipedal more-or-less-furry things, or worse, both. Just be honnest, you don't see full-animal TFs as often as anthro/monster, so that's a good point, and if it's the only thing you can find to complain about this show then you should not even complain.

But on to the point, I wanted to pay tribute to the transformations so far. And this is probably the first time I say such a thing about CGI. The transformations in Bitten are one whole category higher quality than those in Being Human US or any other recent show. It's fluid, doesn't look stupid or unrealistic, and shows some decent process. Plus they are anatomically correct! I mean her feet don't just "morph", you can actually see her big toe change in a perfectly smooth and accurate way. I really wanted to point that out. This is a very good sign they paid attention to what they did regarding the transformations. And this is awesome. Can't wait to see her full transformation now... :3
Agree!
lowes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014   #59
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
No, I was put off by the choice of words, and the dismissive nature ("entitled brats" and the like). I think it was completely uncalled for, and that's what I meant by "crapping over" other posters. The point I keep trying to make is that while the tfs in the first were fantastic, it is, and would be disappointing if they can't build on that. They failed to do so in the second episode for the reasons I listed above. That is a perfectly fair criticism to make. I suppose some here are just fine with having those two transformations (three, if you count the upcoming one that I think we're laying too high of an expectation level on) and w/e else comes out doesn't matter; however, I see so much opportunity here and I hope they don't let it get away.
I completely agree, but I am sure that there will be nice possibilites ahead. For example, there is a small chance to see a "ripping clothes TF" by the end of the show.
Btw, I've revisited the first TF, and I've noticed that there is a subtle muzzle TF... really liked it .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014   #60
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
Btw, I've revisited the first TF, and I've noticed that there is a subtle muzzle TF... really liked it .

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that one. It happens so fast most people probably missed it.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female werewolf, series