free hit counters
Girl in my dream - Page 9 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 03-26-2009   #97
michelous
hunter of tg doujins&such

Re: Girl in my dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerri505 View Post
Looks like time (and ladyship) is catching up to Ji-hoon
he still is a guy from the waist down
michelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009   #98
Apsm
Lurker/budding TG author

Hmmmm, even with a haircut, everyone STILL thinks he's a girl.

Begs the question though, is reality shifting around him, or is everything staying the same? Because if his adam's apple's gone, sure his parents would've noticed the change of voice.

Plus, note the sisters reaction to his haircut. Does she think he's finally cutting his hair again, or thinks that his hair's ALWAYS been long?

Interesting...
-Female characters I'd like to be (Update): Rei (EVA), Ami and Haruka (Sailor Moon), Nene (BGC2040), Teletha (FMP), Haruhi and Mikuru(Haruhi Suzumiya), Yourichi and Rangiku (Bleach), Riza(FMA), Lenalee (D Gray Man), Ennis (Baccano).

Last edited by Apsm; 03-26-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Apsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009   #99
Escape421521
Process Fan

I'm happy to wait. We're barely into the second Arc (as I see it the first ended with the accident and the appearance of Yuna.) and we've yet to figure out the direct cause of his change (though we have some hints,) the level at which people recognize the changes and so on.

PS: I've learned the best place to hide your plot twists is in established convention. Don't want to reveal that someone survived their own execution? Leave every indication that his death occured without actually showing his death. I wonder how many of these 'plot holes' are crucial to the plot?
Escape421521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2009   #100
bacattack
Gentle BE/GTS/FMG FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelous View Post
episode 23 is up and ji-hoon thinks he is turning into yuna
http://www.tgcomics.com/artists/burn...linmydream=240
"I . . . don't care that you're a guy." XD
bacattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2009   #101
Gobosan1
Squirrel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacattack View Post
"I . . . don't care that you're a guy." XD
i just liked how the one glasses kid in the back had the evil planning glint in his specticals.
i rofl'ed
Gobosan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2009   #102
Apsm
Lurker/budding TG author

Episode 24 is up.
http://walt7.deviantart.com/art/Girl...e-24-117395365
-Female characters I'd like to be (Update): Rei (EVA), Ami and Haruka (Sailor Moon), Nene (BGC2040), Teletha (FMP), Haruhi and Mikuru(Haruhi Suzumiya), Yourichi and Rangiku (Bleach), Riza(FMA), Lenalee (D Gray Man), Ennis (Baccano).
Apsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2009   #103
michelous
hunter of tg doujins&such

pretty good chapter a few more before the 3rd part of the comic
michelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2009   #104
MCLP
Professional Lurker

Okay, I just buckled down and read the whole thing. I just wanted to vent a bit and give my two cents.

I've rarely wanted to smack a main character as often as I wanted to smack this guy. He's thoughtless, emotionally fuckwitted, and would drive me crazy if I hadn't known a bunch of teenages that act just like him in my life. As it is, I just really wanted to reach accross the 4th wall to backhand him on more than one occassion.

Also, his doctor is a complete quack. After being discharged for major head trauma your patient comes back to you days later having lost a great deal of weight and you give him a clean bill of health? Later you suggest microwaves might be responsible for something before never recorded by medical science? Microwaves? It boggles the mind.

Another critique, I'm never sure what color anyone's hair is. You would think just shading in hair wouldn't be dificult, but apparently the artist can only shade in certain people's hair...if he's in the right mood...and it's the right time of day. I am glad, though, that he's started cleaning up his sketch lines. Now if only he could move onto inking and backgrounds I would have no complaints. Well, no complaints except that some of those chins are way too pointy, but unfortunately, that's pretty normal these days.

Final opinion, well, those are really the biggest problems I have with it. Even though I've known people who are like the main character, that doesn't help make the main character likable, but it's far better than so much TG fiction that's out there, and on it's own it's at least readable. I'll be sticking with it. In part because I'm curious to see where it goes, and in part because despite the problems I have with it, it seems to be improving as it goes along.
MCLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2009   #105
frice2000
"My way of thanking you"

It never ceases to amaze me how much of an ass certain people can be when describing non-professional artistry/writing that they get for free. I agree with your points regarding the lack of background art and some of the problems with the hair and characterizations. However, you could have stated this much less smugly and without coming off as a total ass. By all means please link to your work so I can do the same to you...I'm sure you would like someone to tear down your work brutally too without offering constructive criticism.

Last edited by frice2000; 04-01-2009 at 02:14 PM.
frice2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2009   #106
MCLP
Professional Lurker

As I said, I was venting in my post. I wasn't trying to be polite. If this were a critique I were presenting the people who actually worked on it, I would be more contructive. It's not. It was an expression of how I felt after reading the work written out to a forum of fellow readers, not that it needs any apology. No writer/artist deserves to be spoken of in hushed or polite tones in all corners of the internet just because they offer their work for free, and you don't need to produce writing or art to have an opinion on it.

That being said, I was hardly unbearably rude or completely unconstructive, and if you wanted to give me the same treatment, you can go ahead. I don't really have any work online except for the smal bit I just did in the most recent "Let the mob transform you" though. If you're putting your work up online, you'd better have a thick skin, because run the spectrum from overly polite to brutally honest to complete troll when responding to work.
Unread 04-01-2009   #107
frice2000
"My way of thanking you"

So you're basically saying that as long as someone might not hear about a person bashing them then its perfectly OK to do so? Sorry, I don't see it that way. And just because there are a ton of extremely rude asses on the Internet doesn't mean you have to be one too. If you had stated that you couldn't stand the main character, doctor, and lack of backgrounds...Fine, no problem. But the way you stated it was meant to be cruel and that disgusts me. The reason that its wrong to criticize a work that you view for free versus one that was released professionally is that it cost you nothing but your time to view it and such content is usually unprofessional in nature and done for the fun of it. While I neither draw or write myself I try to put myself in the creators shoes when I do write a review. It would have been perfectly acceptable to simply state their weaknesses and move on but you felt the need to go for the creators throats...And I just cannot understand that.
frice2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2009   #108
MCLP
Professional Lurker

I never bashed the creators. At worse I bashed their work, but I don't think what I said qualifies as bashing. Bashing them would be saying something like "Their work is a piece of crap and they should die in a fire." I articulated three points, and commented on them with a touch of snide before giving my overall opinion. It's the same language I use with my friends, and I'm curious what, precisely, about what I said was so offensive to you. Saying I wanted to smack a character? Emphasizing microwaves? My comments on the erratic hair coloration? I did say I liked the work overall.

Not that is matters. Unlike you imply, I never tried or meant to be cruel. I never said I was being an ass because other people were. I didn't say it was okay to, either. I said as a creator, people will be asses so you have to have thick skin. I never said it was okay to bash someone in private. I said I would express my opinion of the work more contructively to the creator. I would do so because, if I talked to him about his work, I would would want to help him make it better. Since I wasn't talking to him, I saw no reason to self-censor when talking frankly about how his work made me feel. Are you arguing I should on ethics of the matter? People vent about books, movies, and music to their friends or closed communities all the time. Personally, I think using different language in those situations is acceptable, and if I understand correctly, this is the only point where we disagree. Deprecating someone's work is not the same as deprecating its creator.

Also, he isn't just making this for fun. I've made things for fun before, and I have friends who have to. You know what we didn't do with them? Put them on a publicly available website. People do that because it's a free way to reach a wide audience. I'll grant that some people are just mistaken and put pictures up on Flickr without making them private because they're not very tech savvy. He put his works up on TGComics and Deviantart. You don't do that if you only wanted to write something for fun. You do that if you create something you want people to see.

Now if you would stop straw-maning me, that would be great. I'll keep arguing the point if you like one way or another, though.