free hit counters
Monstergirl Quest (monstergirl, TF, seduction, evil conversion) Dev/Suggestion Thrd - Page 27 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 04-21-2009   #313
209Icey
Frequent Poster

Re: Monstergirl Quest (monstergirl, TF, seduction, evil conversion) Dev/Suggestion Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by keitaro_2006 View Post
We still waiting of course... Maybe rb9 is just busy...
Average time to create a -whole new island/mainland- at his busy pace including waiting for MORE sprites for what he's been waiting on, coding, bug testing ... ... we're looking at about a month or so of patience.
209Icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2009   #314
monomonkey
it's monkey twice!

Re: Monstergirl Quest (monstergirl, TF, seduction, evil conversion) Dev/Suggestion Th

I want to just edit my post so people don't think this is a meaningful bump but then I'm afraid he won't see this =x

I noticed that I made a mistake in the original maid image. I fixed it. Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip maidfixed.zip (7.0 KB, 84 views)
monomonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2009   #315
Snips0123
Process Fan

Hey guys,

Just to let you know since the last release I've been looking at the code and have made a few changes (did this in the first few days) to allow users to pass through the Succubus trapdoor and proceed (if this was not a problem for people then I dunno :P). If you would like me to post my bug fixed version please let me know. I have also changed a few of the variables for getting the ending so it is not bugging out like it used to (think rb9 made them to difficult to achieve, or maybe again I was doing something wrong).

I know it has taken rb9 a long time to make this game and going through the code I realise that this was no small effort to make. If by me posting this rb9 is offended in anyway I apologise. My coding skills are only to fix bugs AT BEST and I do not want to taint his work.

Again, if any of you want me to post this revised release let me know.

Thank you for your efforts rb9 and hope you are well.
Snips0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2009   #316
keitaro_2006
Process Fan

Hmm, i think it should be fine as long as you say first to post it here...

But if you want to keep it safe, just use PM to anyone wants, and...

please PM me the link

Thx
keitaro_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2009   #317
monomonkey
it's monkey twice!

I can't speak for him, but when I sent him the first batch of sprites, I also wrote a fairly lengthy PM to him with all the various fixes that needed to be made--both coding errors and dialogue errors. Needless to say, the fix for that scene is in there, but I totally understand if you want to see it now, since the scenes are in the game, they're just inaccessible due to faulty code.

If you have the RPG Maker program, you're pretty much free to edit it as you please as there is nothing stopping you from doing so, and so I really can't see why he'd have a problem with it, but I guess it's better to get permission =/
Unread 05-09-2009   #318
Mizel
Leecher

Did you fix the errors with the endings? It's actually quite simple. It's been a while since this version came out, so I guess it's been already solved, but if it isn't here's how:

The problem here is that the branching is wrong. The code checks if the "submisive answer" variable is 6 or more and gives you an ending according to that. However, there is also another ending if the variable is only 3 or more. The problem is that if the variable is 6, the '3 or more' condition is also met, so this gets the endings mixed up.

A simple way to solve this is to get both the all bad answers and all submisive answers condition events and edit them. Then checking the "Execute custom handler if condition not met" box at the bottom. This will let you use code to make something happen in case the condition is not met.
Just cut the whole 'if bad answers is 3 or more' branch and paste it inside the 'else' handler that appears after checking said box. Do the same for the submisive answers endings.

Something like this:

Is the 'bad answers' variable 6 or more?
>Yes
>>Insert ending here
>Else
>>Is the 'bad answers' variable 3 or more?
>>>Yes
>>>>Insert ending here
>>End
End

That should make all the endings work, I think.

Tip: If you're playing the game via the RPGMaker test mode, you can press F9 to toggle the values of triggers and variables. This should make testing easier by saving just in front of the room where the witch finally meets you (after Rosa contacts you) and changing the values of the three variables (witchcorrect, witchsubmit and witchwrong) there.

Also, I never had any trouble with the succubus trapdoor.
Mizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2009   #319
monomonkey
it's monkey twice!

In the suggested fix I sent him, I basically just added "and is less than 6" (x >= 3 && x < 6) on the "greater than 3" parts. That fixed it too.
Unread 05-09-2009   #320
rb9
Process Master

Hey guys,

Sorry. I'm working on a crapload of projects... it's fine by me todo this, for sure.
rb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2009   #321
rb9
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb9 View Post
Hey guys,

Sorry. I'm working on a crapload of projects... it's fine by me todo this, for sure.
Ok, I may start up work on this, and also monomonkey I haven't forgotten about you, I've been seriously swamped.
Unread 05-28-2009   #322
monomonkey
it's monkey twice!

You mean for the writing for my game? I already sent you a PM telling you not to worry about it =x

In fact I already released the game to the masses and just left the dialogue blank, allowing people to fill it in for themselves in an external text file.

'Course I'm just as bad about actually "finishing" it >_>
Unread 07-01-2009   #323
rb9
Process Master

Yeah, inspiration slowly coming back. Woot.
Unread 07-02-2009   #324
209Icey
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb9 View Post
Yeah, inspiration slowly coming back. Woot.
Woohoo! ... what? That's all I can say right now.
209Icey is offline   Reply With Quote