free hit counters
The Nutty Professor - 2021 Remake - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 10-08-2020   #1
Alchemical Night
Watcher

Exclamation The Nutty Professor - 2021 Remake

Hello there,

Browsing recently, I was surprised to find a curious and remarkable find - and oddly close to my heart, when it comes to J/H - in the form of some news which the forum may like.

It would seem after a twenty five year interval - after Murph's rendition back in 1996 - that "The Nutty Professor" is up for a remake/reload, given information here and elsewhere https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...ks/ar-BB18lD03 https://variety.com/2020/film/news/n...ot-1234746694/ .

A curious and promising potential, not too much is known at this point, but good to keep in mind .

Just appending a thought, though any ideas on where or what this new project might involve, on this turn? Again, interesting possibilities.

Thanks,

Alchemical Night.

Last edited by Alchemical Night; 10-09-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Alchemical Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2020   #2
MindiFlyth
Frequent Poster

Re: The Nutty Professor - 2021 Remake

Right now comedy is in really sorry shape as a movie genre. The Judd Apatow era has kind of wound down, taking stars like Seth Rogen and James Franco with it, and nobody has really replaced them. So, who would even star in a movie like this? I have a hunch it'd be a woman this time, but Amy Schumer, Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig all seem to have faded. Rebel Wilson isn't a big draw either. Tiffany Haddish? I don't know, nobody really fits. It's possible they could have a hit if they brought Eddie Murphy back for a sequel instead of a reboot, but even that would be far from a sure thing. Maybe they'd go in a totally different direction, with Dwayne Johnson or somebody like that, and use CGI for the parts where he's a shrimpy nerd. But Johnson doesn't really make goofy comedies anymore. Unless they've got some great idea that I can't think of, this seems like it'd go straight to streaming and be quickly forgotten.
MindiFlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2020   #3
doctorwho_03
Leecher

Re: The Nutty Professor - 2021 Remake

I often felt 'Nutty Professor' would work great with a TG twist to it. Something like DR. JEKYLL AND MS HYDE but funny.
doctorwho_03 is offline   Reply With Quote